Nokia E70

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Moddas

Nokia E70

Post by Moddas »

Hello!
I've got a problem. I wanted to install a few applications on my nokia e70 within scummvm but it nearly says to all programs that they aren't supported. what's the matter with it? is it because of the new symbian os 9.1?

please help me
thx
clem

Re: Nokia E70

Post by clem »

Moddas wrote:Hello!
I've got a problem. I wanted to install a few applications on my nokia e70 within scummvm but it nearly says to all programs that they aren't supported. what's the matter with it? is it because of the new symbian os 9.1?

please help me
thx
apparently nobody looked into those new phones yet:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_S60

clem
goetz

Re: Nokia E70

Post by goetz »

First, what do you mean by "applications within ScummVM"? Other applications and ScummVM? Scumm-games?
Moddas wrote:what's the matter with it? is it because of the new symbian os 9.1?
The Nokia E70 needs the Series 60 3rd edition build. I'm using that build (scummvm-060611-SymbianS60v3_scumm.sis) on my E60 (also S60v3) successfully for quite a while and it should also run on E70.

If you get a certificate error during install, set the phone to install all apps, not only signed ones.

I assume that you have already had a close look at the documentation about Series 60 3rd edition and which applications are compatible and which are not. :-) This forum is not the right place to discuss these issues.

- Goetz
Moddas

Post by Moddas »

hey guyz scummvm now works. it depended on the version. but other programs like vboy don't work. it's still says it isn't supported though I changed the mode to install all... but I'm glad that scummvm works now. thanx to ya
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hey.. you can only run specific S60V3 binaries on that phone, so be glad that ScummVM is quick to support your favorite phone. ;-)
beles

E70 resolution

Post by beles »

Hi

thank you for the great piece of software. Just a minor question: will there be support for the new resolution of the s60 phones like the e70 with 352x416 pixels I think (looks like the actual resolution is set to 320x240 what the old phones where).

Otherwise I'm happy playing MM.

Cheers
Petr
goetz

Post by goetz »

There already is support for 352x416. I have been using this full screen resolution on my E60 for quite a while.

Try the upscale mode (keys 0+4), if the orientation is wrong, try 0+2 or 0+3 keys. Have a look at the wiki for the meaning of these keys.

- Goetz
beles

you are right

Post by beles »

Thank you for the tipp. I was reading the manual but at that time only 0+1 0+2 and 0+3 was documented. My creativity was to not big enough for 0+4 :)