0.9.0 not working

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sai

0.9.0 not working

Post by Sai »

Hi,
I've just downloaded the 0.9.0 release for the psp, but everytime I try to run it, I get a black screen and then the psp shuts itself off. I'm on 2.6. The files I copied to the ScummVM directory are:
-the Single-Eboot
-modern.ini
-modern.zip
I can't see the mistake, so please help me.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

I've tried the single EBOOT on a 1.00 firmware PSP and the 1.50 EBOOTs on a 1.50 firmware PSP, both worked fine.
I guess the problem is with the EBOOT loader you're using.
Not sure if there's anything you can do about it though... have you tried the EBOOT from the 1.50 set? are there any settings you can change in the loader?
Sai

Post by Sai »

The 1.50-Eboot doesn't work. The only thing I can change in the eloader itself is the cpu-speed, but this didn't help either. I had a look at the .cfg file of my eloader(it's 0.97 btw.), and I found an entry for scummvm 0.8.0 and 0.8.2, so I created a new entry for 0.9.0 with the same parameters and the correct signature and eboot name, but this didn't help. There are a few other options I could set, but I'm no programmer, so I don't know what all these things do. But anyways, thanks for the help.

EDIT: It seems like this problem occures on other 2.6 PSPs, too.
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=56108
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Sucks. :(

I hope the eloader people can find a way to fix this, because without a >= 2.00 FW PSP there's not much I can do.
TastelessRamen

Post by TastelessRamen »

I am on 2.6 and 9.0 is completely nonfunctional for me as well. I'd say this problem is probably ubiquitous to 2.6s'