S60 3rd Edition

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kyle Reese

Post by Kyle Reese »

jupeyl wrote:Hi,

I've also been trying to get ScummVM to run on my E61. It crashes each time I try 0+2. I also tried 0+4 then 0+2, but no help.

Otherwise it seems to run ok, but with this phone it really needs the portrait mode to be playable.

Yeah, that's exactly what happens on my E61. And it did crash my E61 really bad last time I tried. So whenever there's a new build I will check it out again.

Best regards, Kyle.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Making 0.9.0 release soon.. will be fixed in that.. And I am running FT on my P910.. SOOO sweeett.. :-) Have n't crashed yet.. :-) And its MOVING. :-) :-) :-)
Kyle Reese

Post by Kyle Reese »

Thats awesome news. Thanks for the quick support man, I appreciate it. :D
jupeyl

Post by jupeyl »

Great news, I hope 0.9.0 will be out before my summer holiday begins. Thanks for the quick response.

btw. if you haven't readed from elsewhere yet, E61 has 320x240 resolution. Sorry for late answer.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well if you checked www.scummvm.org you would notice that the 0.9 release was released yesterday. E61 should be working now.
enzografix

Post by enzografix »

Well, I dont really understand why is S60v3 version of the newest version of scummvm devided into two programs, first for scumm games and the second for non-scumm. As these programs are of the same name, u cant have them installed both at the same time on the device. Thats weird :((

Majkl
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Not very wierd at all. The Symbian OS 9 GCCE build system does n't allow you to build all components in one large exe, it just becomes to large for the linker to cope. So I will try to find away around it, and for now, you just have to play scumm or non-scummgames at a time. Re-installing does n't take too long does it?
goetz

Post by goetz »

Hmm. While the latest svn build (of 060611) was very stable on my Nokia E60, the current release build crashes from time to time and I am also able to reproduce some crash when vertical srolling should take place.

The scummvm-060611-SymbianS60v3_scumm.sis version handles this version without problems. So I will keep this older version for a while and enjoy it! :D

The game where I encountered the bug was Atlantis/German/DOS/Floppy.

See bugtracker item 1513002 (also for savegame) for details.

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thanks for the report. Would be nice with some specifics.. is it only in that game the scrolling crashes? Could it be the E61 SDL fix causing problems .. thats what I am thinking about. Should n't.. but you never know.
goetz

Post by goetz »

In some situations it is enough to start ScummVM and drag the cursor from far left to the right in the launcher. Then ScummVM exits. After restarting ScummVM, same problem. After a phone restart it always works fine again. So far I have no idea what the reason for that is, bad phone's memory management maybe.

These problems also occurred in the 060611 build, but very seldom. Sometimes also during gameplay. Always the same "cursor gesture": Move cursor right across the screen, then an exit occurs.

The atlantis bug submitted is the first one I can reproduce every time. :(

I hope it is a bug we can locate. I don't see any error message that could help.

- Goetz
jackkr

Mouse/Pointer movement problem

Post by jackkr »

Is there a bug or something cos my "mouse" is moving so slowly in every game..except after i go to map in indy2: fate of atlantis. When i go out that map view everything works fine in that current game.. but after restart its slow and lagging again. (in other games is slow all the time).

Or is some setting or something?

Version is 0.9 and phone is e70.

Edit: actually it depends game screen where i am and screen size i use. hmm. Halfscreen is fine.. fullscreen lags.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Seems like the processing power between various S60V3 phones varies a great deal then. Fullscreen updates in stretched mode can indeed slow things down a lot. And it might be other things causing problems just for the E70.
jackkr

Post by jackkr »

Anotherguest wrote:Seems like the processing power between various S60V3 phones varies a great deal then. Fullscreen updates in stretched mode can indeed slow things down a lot. And it might be other things causing problems just for the E70.
I dont think its about processing power, cos atleast in e-series phones base units(cpu..) are same. It might be some firmware thing or so because theres lot of other problems too.
jupeyl

Post by jupeyl »

0.9.0 works like a charm on E61, and looks great. Thanks for fixing it. I'm halfway through FOTAQ, it never worked so far on my Amiga ...=)
renem

Post by renem »

Hi guys,

first of all: thanks to the dev team! 8)

I also run scummVM on a Nokia E61. I installed the scummVM app on the phone memory. When I try to open a game (example Flight of the Amazon Queen, Freeware CD Version (small - has mp3 compressed sfx/speech)) it always says that there is no game in the directory. I put the game files on my memorycard in directory called FOTAQ. I also tried Beneath a Steel Sky, Freeware Floppy Version.

What's wrong? Please tell me - I'm going to post a huge review of scummVM on a german E61 website.

Thank you in advance

René M.