Saving - Kyrandia CD on OSX

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Alucard

Saving - Kyrandia CD on OSX

Post by Alucard »

I seem to not be able to save playing Kyrandia through SummVM on OSX. I tried using alt and the number keys as the ReadMe says, but this does not work. Any suggestions?
clem

Re: Saving - Kyrandia CD on OSX

Post by clem »

Alucard wrote:I seem to not be able to save playing Kyrandia through SummVM on OSX. I tried using alt and the number keys as the ReadMe says, but this does not work. Any suggestions?
I think you can still save through the menu?

clem
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

Nope, I have tried this. The menu works functionally, but after you "save" the game the only item available to load is the default "Start New Game" item.
clem

Post by clem »

Alucard wrote:Nope, I have tried this. The menu works functionally, but after you "save" the game the only item available to load is the default "Start New Game" item.
do you get any error message (in the console window?) - maybe the save path is set to an invalid/readonly location so it never manages to write the savegame to disk

clem
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

I'm not getting any error messages in the console window. (The debug menu, right?) The save path for other games works okay, so I don't think that is the problem. It sort of feels as if the save and load hot keys do not do anything. There is no response from the system. However, ctrl+d works just fine to pull down the debug menu, whcih is blank.

Is it possilbly a bug with just the OS X version?
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

I trashed mt ScummVM prefs and everything is better now. Thanks for the suggestions.