Controls @ Fate of atlantis

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Moddas

Controls @ Fate of atlantis

Post by Moddas »

Hey guys. I have a nokia e70 and don't know how to do fightings at Fate of atlantis. I have a complete keybord integrated in my mobile phone, but the "0" button doesn't work. is there any key mapping (in the options) I could do to get the "0" button working?

I also can't fight really with the joystick and the button for left click. doesn't work really. I'm always been defeated by Biff. that suxx

please help me.
thanx
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm.. Thats a good question.. I dont have an E70 test with, neither does the emulator environment support one as the E70. I need to see what kind of keymappings its upto..
Moddas

Post by Moddas »

I'm always playing with my e70 opened (so that I can use the keyboard). All keys are working: For example, if I want to take something I push "n" (in german for "nehmen") and "take" is selected. or when I talk to somebody I can select the dialog lines with the numbers. but when I fight against someone then I can't push the "0". nothing happens.
but I couldn't find any keymap entry (in the options) that could replace that "0" trick.

but another question... My phone can be used as a normal symbian phone too (so, without keyboard. just the normal keypad numbers) How would it be possible to fu... someone's ass up with the normal keypad.
thx.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ehh the normal keypad is mapped to '0' I think.. even though your english was abit hard to understand at the end. I think some forum rule apply here. Ahh yeahh.. See forum rule #4
Moddas

Post by Moddas »

Anotherguest wrote:Ehh the normal keypad is mapped to '0' I think.. even though your english was abit hard to understand at the end. I think some forum rule apply here. Ahh yeahh.. See forum rule #4
hmm I will test the thing again with the "0" Button when I have my mobile closed (so that I have the normal number keypad).
But I think you got me wrong mate... it was no insult AGAINST somebody. just a question how to do so, so that I can win a fight very quickly in the game.

thanks
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh yes.. Very easy to misinterpret what you wrote. Messing up game characters. *lol* Different thing.. I think that fight could be an option for more keymappings perhaps.. I will have to find some time to look into it.
Moddas

Post by Moddas »

that would be great mate.
and yes. It was a misunderstanding. I'm sorry for that. But I still have the problem, that I can't do the fightings. isn't it usually like that, that the left click effects a punch?

but I'm really impressed about the compatibility of the games and how they are running.

thx
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

I've got the same problem with N9500... No problem with basic controls, but fight doesn't work at all... This is the only problem I've found - no problem to play single or with Sophia, but the "fist way" is unplayable :(. No matter if I map keys as a keys or joystick, no matter that 9500 has separate cursor keys and joystick pad (well, what's the name of the round five-directional key?), Indy stays as a fool, taking all the hits... Does anyone succeed with configuration?