The Feeble Files Data Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Sebmagic wrote:Yes, he has extracted the 319 files, but ScummVM still says "No game found in the specified directory".
Which directory did you select, then? One mistake which I've seen people make a few times is that (under Windows) they select C, and expect ScummVM to find the game, even if it's somewhere much deeper in the file hierarchy.

So if the files are in C:\Stuff\ScummVM\Feeble, you'll need to double-click on C to open that folder, then on Stuff, etc. until you can finally choose the Feeble folder.

Of course, if that isn't your problem, I've probably just insulted your intelligence. :)
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Sebmagic wrote:Yes, he has extracted the 319 files, but ScummVM still says "No game found in the specified directory".
Which directory did you select, then? One mistake which I've seen people make a few times is that (under Windows) they select C, and expect ScummVM to find the game, even if it's somewhere much deeper in the file hierarchy.

So if the files are in C:\Stuff\ScummVM\Feeble, you'll need to double-click on C to open that folder, then on Stuff, etc. until you can finally choose the Feeble folder.

Of course, if that isn't your problem, I've probably just insulted your intelligence. :)
Maybe :P

No, of course, first I tried C:\feeble, doesn't work. Then, C, doesn't work, logical. However I'm almost certain that I've all the files. :(
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Raziel wrote: Which package (platform) do you use?
Tried with the latest snapshot?
Sorry, I'm french :mrgreen: so excuse my language, but what are you talking about ? :P

EDIT : Do I need to put the CD1 ?
clem

Post by clem »

Sebmagic wrote:
Raziel wrote: Which package (platform) do you use?
Tried with the latest snapshot?
Sorry, I'm french :mrgreen: so excuse my language, but what are you talking about ? :P
- are you using the windows version? MacOS? Linux? Which version are you using? (0.9.0 ?)
- did you try installing a version from http://scummvm.org/downloads.php#SVN (for example: "Win32 Daily Snapshot") ?

clem
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

I download it again, it worked. Now, new problem : "Can't read the offsets". :?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:I download it again, it worked. Now, new problem : "Can't read the offsets". :?
Please be more specific

1. Please post the WHOLE error message you get from the debugger window (copy&paste?)
2. Reinstall from your CD's, if you had a faulty ScummVM Installation (which i think you did),
you may aswell have some faulty "Feeble Files" :-D (I simply LOVE word games) :-P
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Okay, here is my problem :

:mrgreen:
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:Okay, here is my problem :

:mrgreen:
Hmm, time to get some devs in here, i'm neither near in knowing the source, nor near knowing what could possibly cause this...

Did you reinstall the game, too?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

If i'm not completely wrong (and most of the time i am :-)), it's coming from
scummvm/engines/simon/sound.cpp lines 102 and 103

if (_file->read(_offsets, size) != size)
error("Can't read offsets");

That means (i hope) that a sound file to play was not found or had the wrong size (size = 0?)

Double check if you have ALL of your files copied AND the .mp3/.ogg/.flac from your converted smacker videos,
there has to be a sound file for every .dxa file
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

I've checked : there is a sound file for each .dxa (except for Disk1, Disk2, Disk3, Disk4).

I've onverted 224 .mp3 files and 228 .dxa files. Maybe aren't they all here ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Raziel wrote:Double check if you have ALL of your files copied AND the .mp3/.ogg/.flac from your converted smacker videos, there has to be a sound file for every .dxa file
I don't think the part of the code you refer to has anything to do with DXA (cutscene) playback, though. More likely, it has to do with the Voices1.wav / Voices2.wav files. Though I haven't found any way to reproduce that particular problem.

Did you compress the files? And if so, which tool did you use?
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

I haven't compressed Voices1.wav, Voices2.wav, Voices3.wav, or Voices4.wav, they are in my folder, ready to be used :mrgreen:
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:I haven't compressed Voices1.wav, Voices2.wav, Voices3.wav, or Voices4.wav, they are in my folder, ready to be used :mrgreen:
Hmm, have you, as i suggested, re-copied your game files?

Use a new dir, completely empty, re-copy from CD,
decrunch your data1.cab again and put the files in there,
try again with the new dir
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Yaaaaaaaaaaah !!!
Thanks thanks thanks :wink:
At least six years that I haven't played this game ! Thanks very much all of you !
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Sorry, I don't know if the question have been asked before, but when I saved my game, there wasn't any apparent problem. BUT, I can't load. :(

I've looked for a save file, but I haven't found any file of my save.