scummVM on M600i (UIQ3)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cyr

scummVM on M600i (UIQ3)

Post by cyr »

ScummVM seems to be one of the few freeware apps available for UIQ3 so far, but has it ever been tested on actual retails hardware?

I tried it on my M600i, it installed fine but crashes right away when I try to run it. (KERN-EXEC, 3)
cyr

Post by cyr »

OK, I'm an idiot...

The above applies to "scummvm-060503-SymbianUIQ3", but "scummvm-CVS-SymbianUIQ3" does run. Haven't tried to actiually play any games, but at least it starts. :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

He.. well I am idiot. .never tried that old version on the M600.. But my newer versions don't run. Have to figure that one out. Ahh I think it must be the private path some how. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Working to solve some of the issue with UIQ3.. Managed to get HW back working, and go back to ScummVM. Also I hope I can add some more keymappings to this version.
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Hi everyone...

could one of you try some LucasArt games (Monkey Island, Sam&Max etc.) and report the results? What about the gamspeed - is it ok or too slow?
Could you play only with the stylus or do you need some hardware buttons?
Thx, Scipio
xAz

Post by xAz »

Proud owner of a m600i since this morning.

Fiddled around a bit with the different ScummVM versions, and managed to get Beneath a Steel Sky working, as well as the Monkey Island 2 demo. The last one crashed when trying to load something, but i got a glimpse of Guybrush standing beside a animated flickering fire. No sound. The error i got was: (5:77:0x8A) room 5 not in room 5 at 0+0 in file mi2demo.001

It seems im missing a part of the screen, as the bottom was filled up with blue and black bars. There are some weird clickable icons at the lowerbottom. Stylus works fine, but as i didnt have a lower part with the options, i dont know if the interface is working as intended. I could make my way through the Scumm GUI at least, since it was downscaled to fit.

Just wanted to say the work to date is greatly appreciated, keep it up!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Your M600 has a 320x240 screen but most scumm and other games are only 320x200.. no upscale has been implemented yet for the UIQ3 style of devices. The bottom part is a virtual keyboard, something you really don't need that much on your m600, besides the escape I think.
Dispater

Post by Dispater »

Well, seems like the 20/06 CVS works on the R3A004 - firmware quite nicely. At least I can play Monkey Island 1 (floppy version) without any problems yet :)

This has to be the coolest thing ever to use a mobile phone for :)

Edit: MI2 seems to run good so far too
Edit2: And Fate of Atlantis. Yehaw :)
foux

Post by foux »

Hi. I'm using ScummVM with my m600i since this morning (with Monkey Island 1) but I can't figure how to simulate the F5 key to save/load/quit the game

Thanks
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. pressing your jogdial in (confirm/do-it button) should do the trick. :-)
foux

Post by foux »

Anotherguest wrote:Well.. pressing your jogdial in (confirm/do-it button) should do the trick. :-)
Great, thanks a lot
Brainiac_se

Problem

Post by Brainiac_se »

I'm running MI2 (build 060622) on a M600i with the latest firmware (R4A002). Whenever there's a vertical scroll, the game crashes with a "kern-exec" error number 3. Eg. when Guybrush dives down to the Mad Monkey or when the Marley map piece is on the cliff and your going to look down. The Mad Monkey bit is skipable but the cliff isn't.

Other than that it works perfectly, have been playing MI2 til I drop the phone every night since i got the phone last monday :lol:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yep.. This is a known problem due to the fact that they are using a different SDL functionality than previous. So this will happen with ALL Symbian builds.
slemiz

Post by slemiz »

Is there no kind of hack possible to get around the scroll problem thingie?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. play around it on your pc, and put the save game back in the phone.