Feeble Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Ad_Enuff wrote:Can the SCUMMVM community that own The Feeble Files 4 CD edition like myself, help each other out and share them somehow on torrent for example?
No, that will be illegal and considered as warez.

Eugene
Ad_Enuff

Post by Ad_Enuff »

sev wrote:No, that will be illegal and considered as warez.

Eugene
Sorry, I'm umsure why you would consider it warez?

1. The files should only be the converted SMK files.

2. These files wont work with the original CD's

3. They arent the original SMK from the CD's

So why should anyone consider them warez?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Ad_Enuff wrote: Sorry, I'm umsure why you would consider it warez?

1. The files should only be the converted SMK files.

2. These files wont work with the original CD's

3. They arent the original SMK from the CD's

So why should anyone consider them warez?
Because the movies are copyrighted, no matter what format they're in.
Ad_Enuff

Post by Ad_Enuff »

Vinterstum wrote:Because the movies are copyrighted, no matter what format they're in.
Oh, I see, thats such a pain in the bum!

I'll have to get someone else to do it for me.....the wife will kill me if I ran scripts converting all those files for over 24 hrs!

I'm quite attched to my Genitalia!
DarK-KiLLeR

PROBLEM!

Post by DarK-KiLLeR »

Hi there,

I got a Problem in running the Game... did the Steps that are mentioned in here. I downloaded SCUMM Tools, RAD Video Tools and Lame Encoder and started... well until yet everything worked, but at the hairy Part - the Conversion into dxa - it stucks now.

Watch the Picture:

It says (for the Non-Germans):
Encoding audio... The Command "oggenc" is either typed wrong or could not be found. ... rest of the text is on the picture ;)

BTW, "Floyd - Es gibt noch Helden" is the German Title of this game... it means "Floyd - There still Heros" ... dunno why they changed it

However what do I have to do to convert the dxa's and make the Game run?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: PROBLEM!

Post by eriktorbjorn »

DarK-KiLLeR wrote:I downloaded SCUMM Tools, RAD Video Tools and Lame Encoder and started...
Lame is for MP3 encoding. The --vorbis parameter to encode_dxa means that you're requesting Ogg Vorbis encoding, for which you need...
DarK-KiLLeR wrote:The Command "oggenc" is either typed wrong or could not be found.
Exactly: oggenc

Since I don't use Windows myself, I'm not sure where to find oggenc for Windows, but http://www.vorbis.com/ or http://xiph.org/vorbis/ may be good places to start looking.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

DarK-KiLLeR wrote:Hi there,

I got a Problem in running the Game... did the Steps that are mentioned in here. I downloaded SCUMM Tools, RAD Video Tools and Lame Encoder and started... well until yet everything worked, but at the hairy Part - the Conversion into dxa - it stucks now.

It says (for the Non-Germans):
Encoding audio... The Command "oggenc" is either typed wrong or could not be found. ... rest of the text is on the picture ;)

BTW, "Floyd - Es gibt noch Helden" is the German Title of this game... it means "Floyd - There still Heros" ... dunno why they changed it

However what do I have to do to convert the dxa's and make the Game run?
You are missing the -q (quality) parameter, try

encode_dxa --vorbis -q 5 %~ni

edit: Whoops. yes and it seems you don't have oggenc installed, as torbjoern already pinted out :oops:
DarK-KiLLeR

Post by DarK-KiLLeR »

Then why the fuck Vorbis Enc is written at the start of the Topic? Nevermind...

I got oggenc now and putted it into the Floyd SMK Folder, but its still the same problem. Even if I use the -q quality parameter its the same.

EDIT: Working now! http://www.mpex.net/software/download/oggenc.html
Thats the right one. Just stick it in the SMK Folder and run the command again...
clem

Post by clem »

DarK-KiLLeR wrote:Then why the fuck Vorbis Enc is written at the start of the Topic? Nevermind...
yay, I always wanted to mention forum rule #4
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Raziel wrote:You are missing the -q (quality) parameter, try

encode_dxa --vorbis -q 5 %~ni
You don't have to specify quality. I never did. As far as I can tell, 'oggparms.quality' is 3 by default, and the -q option simply replaces that value with your own.
DarK-KiLLeR

Post by DarK-KiLLeR »

clem wrote:
DarK-KiLLeR wrote:Then why the fuck Vorbis Enc is written at the start of the Topic? Nevermind...
No need, I haven't attacked anyone, just was a little bit frustrated that the Guide does not tell anything about oggenc :lol:

Well Dudes, I got another Problem. I got the DXA Files and copy pasted them into the Game Folder of Feeble Files. It starts up with ScummVM very well, but there is no Sound in the Cutscenes. The only Sound I get, is in the Game itself, but not in the Cutscenes.

How to fix?? O.o
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

DarK-KiLLeR wrote:
clem wrote:
No need, I haven't attacked anyone, just was a little bit frustrated that the Guide does not tell anything about oggenc :lol:

Well Dudes, I got another Problem. I got the DXA Files and copy pasted them into the Game Folder of Feeble Files. It starts up with ScummVM very well, but there is no Sound in the Cutscenes. The only Sound I get, is in the Game itself, but not in the Cutscenes.

How to fix?? O.o
You are missing the corresponding .ogg/.mp3/.fla files that are built together with the .dxa cutscenes (encoded, to be correct).
They are named exactly like the .dxa files, copy them into your folder and, boing, you got sound in the cutscenes :-)
DarK-KiLLeR

Post by DarK-KiLLeR »

Oh... ya, you were right :)

I do have Sound now! Another and I hope my last Question: Where can I get a Savegame for Feeble Files Disc 2, 3 or 4? Is there a Homepage or does anyone have a Savegame for me? I want to test if it really works fine now if it comes to another Disc than the first one...
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

DarK-KiLLeR wrote:Oh... ya, you were right :)

I do have Sound now! Another and I hope my last Question: Where can I get a Savegame for Feeble Files Disc 2, 3 or 4? Is there a Homepage or does anyone have a Savegame for me? I want to test if it really works fine now if it comes to another Disc than the first one...
Play it yourself, damnit ;-)

Nah, just PM me your eMail and i'll send you some...
DarK-KiLLeR

Post by DarK-KiLLeR »

If there are Errors at Disc 2+, I don't want to play useless until its not necassery ;)

You got PM