The Secret of Monkey Island Music

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FullmetalAlchemist

The Secret of Monkey Island Music

Post by FullmetalAlchemist »

i think i have the Alternate VGA CD,can you guys tell me,wich one is the audio file that i have to convert?i cant find it...
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Secret of Monkey Island Music

Post by eriktorbjorn »

FullmetalAlchemist wrote:i think i have the Alternate VGA CD,can you guys tell me,wich one is the audio file that i have to convert?i cant find it...
The CD version of The Secret of Monkey Island should have 24 audio tracks; the kind that you can listen to in any CD player. ScummVM should be able to play them either directly from the CD, or as compressed audio files, as described in the README.
FullmetalAlchemist

omg,there arent any...here is a list of files i have:

Main directory: Monkey.bin,Monkey.exe,Monkey.app,Monkey.lst,Monkey.str,Monkey.tii,Monkey.vgh

English Folder: Adlib.ims,Soundblas.ims,Roland.ims,Speaker.ims,Monkey.001,Monkey.000

there are other folders (other lenguages)but they contain the same

tough Windows Media CAN read it
clem

Post by clem »

FullmetalAlchemist wrote:omg,there arent any...here is a list of files i have:
those aren't files but CD Audio tracks (the songs you'll hear if you put the CD in a CD player) - you will need a CD ripping tool to convert them
FullmetalAlchemist

lol guys thanks alot!!!i got the MP3 files now,its 24 tracks right??now should i place it on ScummVM-->SOMI main folder or do a subfolder inside?
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

FullmetalAlchemist wrote:lol guys thanks alot!!!i got the MP3 files now,its 24 tracks right??now should i place it on ScummVM-->SOMI main folder or do a subfolder inside?
Just put them in the main folder and be sure that they're named correctly (track1.mp3, track2.mp3, ..., track24.mp3). ScummVM should find them then.
FullmetalAlchemist

NICE,MUSICCCC,I NEVER HEARD THE INTRO MUSIC!!thanks alot guys,you can close this thread if you want
Christo

Post by Christo »

Question: I have some music, but as i remeber shouldn't it be music when you are in town at meleeisland, at the beginning??
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Christo wrote:Question: I have some music, but as i remeber shouldn't it be music when you are in town at meleeisland, at the beginning??
Only in a few places, like the SCUMM Bar, the Voodoo Lady's place, etc. I found this slightly spoilerish track list in the old forum archives.
nevered

Post by nevered »

If you want the music, it's easiest to just get them from here:

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/