scummVM on M600i (UIQ3)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Hmm...aren´t in some games many scrolling screens, e.g. in Sam & Max?
Do I have to play this part on pc every time? --> No satisfying solution...
Will this bug be repaired in the nearer future, because I planned to buy the SE W950i, but in this case I better choose a WinMobile Cellfone.
It sounds to me, that Scumm is on SymbianUIQ3 not playable...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

ScummVM 0.9.0 is NOT playable for Scumm games on any Symbian platform where the game scrolls since the SDL port is lacking the proper support. I will add this support asap.
Brainiac_se

Post by Brainiac_se »

There's not a problem when the game scrolls horisontally, just vertically, that doesn't happen too often so I definatly think the port is playable.

And it's nice to hear that the your looking into it, open source gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :D
slemiz

Post by slemiz »

@Anotherguest: Because there is quite much unused space on the bottom on the screen, do you think you could add more buttons, like F1-F12 (F10 is superuseful in simon the sorcerer), page up, page down, right mouse button, etc.?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have just done a new 0.9 test build supporting more or less all current targets. You can check to see if it works better than the old one.

Can be found here:
http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/scu ... 3_test.sis

scrolling effects should be handled by SDL actually, so if it crashes it must be an outofmem or similar. This might work better due to the target type.
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Wow, that was a very fast answer and solution... :D
I hope SE will soon release the W950i, so I can try it...!

THX, Scipio
Brainiac_se

Post by Brainiac_se »

I downloaded the new version, but my savegames doesn't work, so it will take me a while to play to where I was before.
slemiz

Post by slemiz »

Your the man Anotherguest!

Shit! ScummVM just works so much better now! It's like ... wow!

I didn't notice it before, because the screen was flashing everytime I pressed a button, but now, when it doesn't flash, the keybord actually works as a keybord ingame to! Like short cuts for open and pick up and stuff like that!

There is only one thing...

Is it possible to "unmap" Shift and ALT so that they have their usual functions. Cuz now I cant type capital letters or numbers with the keybord on the phone. Usually holding shift and pressing a letter produces a capital letter. Klicking shift two times simulates "caps lock". While ALT alows numbers to be accessed. Klicking ALT two times locks keybord for typing only numbers.
This would be good in indiana jones games where there are som fighting sequenses which requires fast access to numbers.

But still! This build has made everything soooo much better! Respect!

Peace
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thank you! :-)

As for input I am using the rawmode of M600/P990 textinput and not the FEP. I.e.. I have to do the shift/alt mapping and number switch myself, and that is not really handled right now (usually handled by FEP but then you would get flickering I think). So I need to add specific alt/shift support for M600/P990 to the SDL back end. :-) Not impossible. But I have been on other projects and working alot.. But I will try my best, when I get the time.
slemiz

Post by slemiz »

All right! Thanks in advance man! You're the best! =)

What about F1-F12? Can you add them above the "virtual keyboard" as well while your at it? :D

(F10 is a superduper key in simon the sorcerer)
Brainiac_se

Post by Brainiac_se »

Brainiac_se wrote:I downloaded the new version, but my savegames doesn't work, so it will take me a while to play to where I was before.
I got to one of the vertical scrolling parts and it crashed with the same error message as before, so no change there.

A suggestion for newer versions is that you have a shortcut on the keyboard (maybe 0/space) to the right mousebutton, games like Sam'n Max is really a pain to play since you have to use the right mousebutton to change action.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. as a small suggestion.. Go into options->Paths->Key mappings.. Map right mouse click to space. and off you go. I guess it can be improved. :-) Or you mean a toggle functionality from the keyboard?
slemiz

Post by slemiz »

Scrolling problem here as well (will port on bugtracker soon). Fate of atlantis crashen when I try to go to the next screen while flying the balloon.

It is not possible to read savegames on pc version of scumm... :-(
Brainiac_se

Post by Brainiac_se »

Anotherguest wrote:Well.. as a small suggestion.. Go into options->Paths->Key mappings.. Map right mouse click to space. and off you go. I guess it can be improved. :-) Or you mean a toggle functionality from the keyboard?
:oops:

My bad, just what I wanted, thanks alot!
hybris

Post by hybris »

Wow!
Just wow!

ScummVM really works great on M600, and now I will never ever be bored again while travelling or at work ;)

One question though; could you enable a switch for the screen to stretch to full size in height?
The diagonal bars and additional stylus keys seems kinda... well, unnecessary on M600, since it already got a QWERTY keyboard.

Anyhow; great work guys! I really appreciate it. It brings back so many memories I had already forgotten.