Installing ScummVM games on my N80

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

barleyesq

Installing ScummVM games on my N80

Post by barleyesq »

Hi guys, I'm new here. Hope you can help with my problem! I have read the FAQs etc but nothing seems to be helping me.

I have installed ScummVM on my N80, but now I am unsure how to actualy get the games themselves running.

Should I put the files in a certain folder?
What type of files should I be using?

Currently, no matter what I try, I just get a message saying ScummVM cannot find any game files in the directory.

Any help (with specific 'for dummies' point by point style walkthrough) would be much appreciated!

Thanks
slemiz

Post by slemiz »

Hello

Try to click add game, and then browse to the folder where you have the game which you want to add. Enter the folder and then click "choose". The game should be identified and read to setup.

Good luck!
barleyesq

Post by barleyesq »

Thanks for your help slemix but I have tried that but no game is found. I put the files for monkey island 2 (MONKEY2.000 & MONKEY.001) in a folder called 'other' on my phone, but ScummVM only looks at C: D:, E: etc when I add game. I looked in them all but found nothing.

Are these drives actualy mapped on my phone? Do I need to set up some kind of folder structure? Do I need a filemanager application or something?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

E: is your memory card. Select that and the folders available on your memorycard will be shown. Open Other.. then highlight your game folder (other) and press add game.
barleyesq

Post by barleyesq »

OK, I'll try that. Thanks.
LLlypa

Post by LLlypa »

I also need some help! What files should be put to my memory card? Files right from CDs or allready installed versions?
clem

Post by clem »

LLlypa wrote:I also need some help! What files should be put to my memory card? Files right from CDs or allready installed versions?
http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles

generally:
- for disk version games, the installed version
- for CD version games, the files as they are on the CD (apart from the BS1/2 re-release and the feeble files which you need to install to HD first to get all relevant files)
andygardner

Post by andygardner »

Clem could you elaborate on the installation proceedure for BS1. I'm having difficulty getting scumm to recognise the game on my N80. A brief description of what I've tried. Copied;
* *.clu
* swordres.rif
* MUSIC folder
* SPEECH folder
* Rename speech.clu on CD1 to speech1.clu
* Rename speech.clu on CD2 to speech2.clu
as per datafiles wiki. Directly from the game cds preserving file structure, into a folder on my memorycard E:\Data\Others\ScummVM\Broken Sword 1. This didn't work (scumm didn't recognise any game in the BS1 folder. Next I installed the game to my pc and copied the additional installed files to memorycard with the same result. Might be worth noting the files on cd are upper case, wheras when installed to pc are lower case (so I've only tried the upper case varients so far).

I've had monkey island running before so I'm guessing it's something I'm missing specific to BS1?

Edit: And that would appear to be the fact that the Symbian port doesn't support BS1, doh! Is this a non-starter for the N80 or should I be holding my breath?
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

This is one popular question, somehow. The Symbian version of ScummVM does not support Broken Sword altogether, because it's too demanding of hardware. If you want to try launching it, you're gonna have to compile the source from SVN on your own.