Feeble files - Command Prompt/DXA Encoder? wth?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

beckyjc

Feeble files - Command Prompt/DXA Encoder? wth?

Post by beckyjc »

Newbie here. :)
The other day I was digging through all my old games and I cam accross this. I had a go at just running it normal. No prevail. I had a good look online and came accross this. Really apreciate the work you guys are doing.
Anyway, now i've finished sucking up. I've ripped all the PNGs and WAVs from the smacker files. Think i've done that right. Hope so. It was a fun 3 hours.
But what do I do to run the encoder. It took me half an hour just to work out how to change directory on the Command Prompt. I've got the encoder in there with all the exported crap. I did it in two seperate batches to save time. What exactly do I type in now.
The command prompt allready has the correct directory. I'm not a patient person. Do I seriously have to type in each file name individually? Is there anyway of just doing it all at once?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Feeble files - Command Prompt/DXA Encoder? wth?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

beckyjc wrote:Is there anyway of just doing it all at once?
There are older forum threads discussing how to automate the conversion. This one, and the later parts of this one, for instance. There are probably others as well, which a bit of searching should turn up.
slake_jones

Post by slake_jones »

I made an installer for the two disk version. It has not fully been tested though and I think it automatically convirts the voices files to flac files even if you chose ogg or mp3 audio format. It takes forever to install but you can give it a try if you like (and have the two cd version). The link is http://www.open-coder.com/Downloads/The ... cummVM.exe

Tom.
beckyjc

Post by beckyjc »

for %i in (*.smk) do encode_dxa.exe --vorbis %~ni

That part right?
It went through all the files and came up with an error for each of them.

Code: Select all

Encoding audio...'oggenc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Got error from encoder. (check your parameters)
Encoder Commandline: oggenc --quality=3 --output="WINASOFT.ogg" "WINASOFT.wav"
Right now i'm having a go at doing it manually...
I'll took a look at the installer too..
slake_jones

Post by slake_jones »

For that you need to download the ogg tools found at http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Vorbis.htm and copy the oggenc.exe file into your directory. cant remember if any of the dlls need to be copied over though.
beckyjc

Post by beckyjc »

I've downloaded it it but now it's just not coming up with anything.
No errors and it's not doing anything, it's just pausing then the directory thing comes back up. :/
slake_jones

Post by slake_jones »

Which one did you download? Installer or oggenc.

I have just found that the installer cannot find rad game tools on the machine im on (regitry key does not exist).

what comes up with :/
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

beckyjc wrote:I've downloaded it it but now it's just not coming up with anything.
No errors and it's not doing anything, it's just pausing then the directory thing comes back up. :/
You need the follwing files in your dir

the batch file (if you don't want to do it manually)
the .smk file(s)

binkconv.exe
oggenc.exe
encode_dxa.exe
radutil.dll

Now it should (hopefully) work
beckyjc

Post by beckyjc »

Ahh right. The commands working now. :) Looks like i'll have to leave my compy for a while.

The installer didn't create any DXA or MP3 files at all.
Everything else it did great. But good luck with the installer anyway. It'll save alot of time.

Hopefully i'll be back playing the game after a day or two.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

beckyjc wrote:Hopefully i'll be back playing the game after a day or two.
geeheehee :-)
dunno what cpu you have, but it took me 3 weeks (with breaks of course) to encode
all files and then another version of encode_dxa with better compression came out...

talk about timing :-D

encoding once again now...6th file of 224 :-)