cursor speed

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Hiei-

cursor speed

Post by Hiei- »

Does an option (I didn't find one, but I hope there's one lol) exist to slowdown the mouse cursor of the analog stick ? or to speed up the cursor of the D-PAD ?

Because I find the D-PAD cursor too slow and/or the analog stick too fast, that it made it hard to play (contrary to the PC Version).

Or, is their any hope to have an option to choose it in the next build ? (or a special version, with the option).

Thanks a lot.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Try reading the README.
Hiei-

Post by Hiei- »

Analog + triangle - Fine control mouse
You're talking about that ?

I didn't tried it yet but even if it's got the speed I search, I'm searching for an automatic way ^^ Hold "Triangle" during every second to play games which need severals hours to be finished make the fingers suffering ^^

(The best, of course, would be to choose the speed the user want, but an automatic way of the "Triangle" button should be enough I think).
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

The cursor speed depends on how far you hold the analog stick, if you want slower movement then don't push that hard in one direction.

You only hold Triangle when you need fine control, which is only really needed when pixel-hunting.
Hiei-

Post by Hiei- »

That's not really helping, it hard to just hold the analog stick to get the same maniability as PC.

Is there anyway little modifications which can be made to the source to change that ? If yes, and if compiling doesn't need some copyright SDK like XBoX, I might try to make a compiled version especially for me.

Like with DOTT, I can't even manage to go to the right verb without switching from analog stick to D-Pad =\

Maybe my hands sucks =\
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

I have no problem whatsoever controlling the cursor with the analog nub, but, sure, you're free to customize/modify and build your own version of ScummVM for PSP as you please.
Instructions for building are in the README as well. :)
Hiei-

Post by Hiei- »

Maybe I just suck.

Ok for the readme, but that won't help me to know what I need to modify to change the speed of the cursor (at least for the D-PAD if the analog stick use another method)
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

I assume you're not going to implement it into the PSP-version (though it would make a sensible feature for the options-menu :wink:), but as a general question, is it possible to modify the accelleration of the analog-stick at all? Maybe by modifying the firmware (after all several custom firmwares have already been released)? Because in most games the sensitivity is way too high for my taste, and in a mouse-cursor driven application like ScummVM this is even more noticable.

By the way, I am not talking about the accelleration of the cursor, but the way the analog-stick translates little movement into slow movement of the cursor, and the increasing speed with moving the stick further.
Hiei-

Post by Hiei- »

That was basically what I was asking too ^^

So, excepting for an option or a change in another version, I got back with the DS Version (better controls, although the screen size of the PSP is far better)