Sam N Max CD Version not recognised by ScummVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hangmanviw

Sam N Max CD Version not recognised by ScummVM

Post by hangmanviw »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out here, I have Sam N Max Hit The Road CD Version but it just will not be recognised by ScummVM. I am running the latest version of ScummVM (0.9.0)

I have looked up what files I need to run the game in ScummVM on the website, but the files in my game are not the same. I have the following files:

Samandmax.ccd (2KB)
Samandmax.cue (1KB)
Samandmax.img (364,884KB)
Samandmax.sub (14,894KB)

My game does NOT have these files:

MONSTER.SOU
SAMNMAX.SM0
SAMNMAX.SM1

How do I get my game to run in ScummVM? please help!

Thanks
Kroc

Post by Kroc »

a cue file is a CD image (like a .iso). You need to mount that CD, and the files you want are inside. You can use either Alcohol 120% or Deamon Tools to mount .cue files as a virtual CD drive.

You only need the following files to play the game:
MONSTER.SOU
SAMNMAX.000
SAMNMAX.001
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Kroc wrote:a cue file is a CD image
...which makes at least me wonder whether or not that's really a legitimate copy of the game he has. I know it's terrible to suspect your fellow human beings like that, but I've never heard of LucasArts selling CD images of their games, instead of the real things.
Kroc

Post by Kroc »

It's a pirate copy for certain. I bought the Sam'n'max & DOTT bundle that Lucasarts released a while back, and the programs are just dumped on the CD in folders as they would have been in the originals. What company would honestly distribute a game as virtual cd images; on a CD :P
hangmanviw

Post by hangmanviw »

Yeah this is a copy, flat out. But its a copy I downloaded myself after my original one went missing. I used to be able to play this game on my old PC easily, and when I got my new PC I wanted to play this game again, so I downloaded it instead of paying for it all over again. If that makes me evil, then paint my ass red and give me a heartless laugh lol
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

hangmanviw wrote:Yeah this is a copy, flat out. But its a copy I downloaded myself after my original one went missing.
It's still illegal. And because of that, there's a nice Forum Rule against discussing warez et al. here...