Any way getting Cuse of monkey island to work stable?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

taconinja

Any way getting Cuse of monkey island to work stable?

Post by taconinja »

First I want to say that Im real impressed with the Scumm for the psp, I never thought I would get to see one of my favorite games on it. It looks real good, but it runs slow and the music/voices are lagging and making the game unplayable for me, so I wonder if theres any way getting it to play more stable? I got these files:

comi.la0
comi.la1
comi.la2
resource folder
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Use the 333mhz 0.9.1svn test build (see the sticky thread in this forum) on 1.50 firmware and you should be (mostly) fine.
taconinja

Post by taconinja »

Hm I tried the 0.91 but its almost the same as with the version before. Seems my prob is that the sound makes the game real slow because when I put all sounds in the options to 0 and only use subtitles then the game runs quite good. Is it for all like this? Or is there something wrong with my sound files?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Are you sure you're using the 333mhz version?
taconinja

Post by taconinja »

yeah
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Maybe something went wrong with the building process and the 333mhz build doesn't really run at 333mhz (although that'd surprise me).

There should be a link to an older 0.8.*-based 333mhz version on the forums which I've tested and works fine with COMI atleast except for slowdown in a handfull of scenes.

Maybe try that one and see if it makes a difference.
taconinja

Post by taconinja »

ok ill try that one thx
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

I can find that 0.8.*-based 333mhz version in the forum can you tell me where it is please for the psp?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

Clever but if you havent noticed i already have and came up with only this thread! so please stop playing tricks and tell me because i am not in the mood! :evil:
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

You really expect help with that attitude? :lol:

It took me 5 seconds to find it, if you can't: too bad.
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

I found it and it made no difference sadly so no idea why?
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

I found it and it made no difference sadly so no idea why? and im sorry bout earlyeir i was a bit angry and evrey thing was going wrong!
phreeQue

Post by phreeQue »

Tooplex, are you compressing your files? Because I was using the latest 333mhz version and it was running very nice and I have it completely uncompressed. I had never played the game before, and I was like 'wow, awesome!' the first time I saw it running well on my PSP. The voices aren't off for me I don't believe. I'd have to go back and play it again and really examine it to be sure.
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

Ive only compressed the voices not the videos but im still hearing lots of stuttering and its really annoying and lots of slowdown at least i can still hear MURRAY THE MIGHTY DEMONIC SKULL!

Oh i forgot to add that im using the 0.9.1 build and i tred the 0.8.2 build and it was still the same any ideas i dont want un compress them i only have a 2 gb stick and it takes up 1 gb uncompressed!