Newbie question on Monkey Island Madness

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jwherner

Newbie question on Monkey Island Madness

Post by jwherner »

Quick question: First time I have played either of these great games using the Monkey Island Madness CD. I did all the CD Audio conversions per the readme for Monkey Island 1. Works fine. Copied all of the contents for MI2 also to hard drive. Never played before but is it normal for MI2 to have virtually no sound effects? For instance, there is NO sound effect at the opening with him hanging from a rope. I get the music fine but it just seems like there is no sounds effects in this game. Is that normal because it is a very early game or should I be getting more sound effects? Oh yeah, I have options set to Adlib sound adn running Windows XP. Thanks !
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Newbie question on Monkey Island Madness

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jwherner wrote:Never played before but is it normal for MI2 to have virtually no sound effects? For instance, there is NO sound effect at the opening with him hanging from a rope.
As far as I know, that's perfectly normal.
jwherner

Post by jwherner »

Thanks for the quick reply. I spent about 2 days doing every config possible because I just expected more sound effects and not scenes with complete silence like the very beginning...thanks again
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

There are not as much as in DOTT, though there are some and very few of them are sampled sfx, most are Adlib only.

For example Adlib sounds include: picking up the sign (shovel), opening and closing doors, the barkeeper's cleaning the mugs, spinning the wheel of fortune, running over the rake, the wind blowing the map piece from the mansion over the island.

Sampled SFX include: Spitting, Phatts burp, Largos screams.

And yes, the hanging from a rope scene in the intro is completely silent.