scummVM on M600i (UIQ3)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hybris

Post by hybris »

Anotherguest wrote:Well as for audio tracks you need to rename them right, which is explained in the normal ScummVM readme/FAQ.
Yeah, they are called track1.ogg etc or *.mp3.
I even tried a version with one huge mp3 file, but still the same result with no audio.

...They still work when running under PC ScummVM though, just not the UIQ3 one.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Check about in main page to see that you have a version with OGG enabled. It varies from different versions.
slemiz

Post by slemiz »

guilo2, hybris ... no prob! =) Glad to hear that it works for you!
hybris

Post by hybris »

Anotherguest wrote:Check about in main page to see that you have a version with OGG enabled. It varies from different versions.
How can I see that?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. this is how it goes (ABOUT for dummies)..
* On the main screen, there is an ABOUT button. Press that.

* A scrolling text will be visible. The capabilities of the current build is the first thing listed, after title, build version.. Read after "Supports:" it states what engines and capabilities you have in the build you have installed.
hybris

Post by hybris »

Ah, I thought you meant to check the ogg capabilities of the game, not the ScummVM itself.
Never understood there was different versions more than the official version numbers, so I just went for the most recent download.

Got a version that works with ogg and Loom speech now though, great thanks!
This will certainly enlighten every dull moment I may encounter with my M600 ;)

One question remains though; and that is if you can add a feature to zoom/stretch the output to fit the screen better. And overwrite those diagonal blue bars?

Off to play some quality Scumm games on my phone now, cya! :O
rix76se

Post by rix76se »

Hey all.. I use the latest build (060726) on my M600i and the saved games from my PC won't work in the phone. Is this a known issue? Should I install the older build to be able to use the old saved games?
rix76se

Saved games on PC won't work with new UIQ3-build?

Post by rix76se »

So I am the only one with this problem?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I also noticed that the old savegames did n't work work the new version. Must be a change in the ScummVM, at least for scummgames.
MrZammler

Post by MrZammler »

Ok, I'm dumb...

I'm trying to run Monkey 2 on my M600i, but I cant figure out how to get past the protection screen.

I need to enter some numbers, but I'm not sure how to do this...

Any ideas? The numeric keypad (after pressing ALT twice) doesnt seem to work.

Edit: Ok, nevermind, I found out what the weird icons on the bottom are ;-)

Great work, btw.
rix76se

Post by rix76se »

Anotherguest wrote:I also noticed that the old savegames did n't work work the new version. Must be a change in the ScummVM, at least for scummgames.
My savegames work also in the latest Windows-build ( Aug 28 ). Both saved in Windows 0.9.0 or UIQ3 0.9.0.. But not in the UIQ3-build from Jul 29..
mmmh

Post by mmmh »

MrZammler wrote:Ok, I'm dumb...

I'm trying to run Monkey 2 on my M600i, but I cant figure out how to get past the protection screen.

I need to enter some numbers, but I'm not sure how to do this...
[...]
The same problem as mine. It seems the keyboard doesn't run, and the touch pad doesn't help since it has only some letters but no numbers.
Please, help us! :wink:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Small arrows the left and right.. makes you able to scroll the onscreen keyboard to reveal numbers and lower case letters. And I guess a Number mode is needed on the UIQ3 sdl port also
hybris

Post by hybris »

Anotherguest wrote:Small arrows the left and right.. makes you able to scroll the onscreen keyboard to reveal numbers and lower case letters. And I guess a Number mode is needed on the UIQ3 sdl port also
Yeah, it would be nice if you added number support for the M600 UI.
That way, you could get rid of the bottom keys totally and be able to use the full screen size (yipiii!!) ;)
mmmh

Post by mmmh »

Anotherguest wrote:Well.. pressing your jogdial in (confirm/do-it button) should do the trick. :-)
I'm sorry ... which one is the confirm/do-it button? :oops: