Very odd problem transferring to 1.5 PSP from Mac

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Joeybuk

Very odd problem transferring to 1.5 PSP from Mac

Post by Joeybuk »

Hi,

I consider myself a fairly proficient user of PSP and homebrew, and have never come across a problem like this before. I downloaded the binaries for the latest version of Scummvm and went about transferring to the PSP from my Mac. However, when selecting the scummvm icon, the PSP started to load it, the screen went black and went back to the PSP home screen.

I tried everything to get it to work, including using a freshly formatted memory stick, but to no avail. Surprisingly, when I downloaded an older version (0.8.2) it worked fine.

Seeing no similar problems on these forums, I tried as a last attempt to transfer it to the PSP from my old windows machine (thinking most people here would probably have windows), and amazingly it worked fine.

Does anybody have any idea why this could have been? It's odd because I've never had any problems like this before.

Thinking about it though, I 'eject' the PSP from the Mac using Finder Cleaner, which removes all the .DS_Store files etc that the Mac likes to put on things- I guess this could possibly have been the problem since I didn't try it without.

Thanks