scummVM on M600i (UIQ3)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well remember up scaling a game to 320x240 will take some cpu power, and will make the games more jerky. Remember that MOST scummvm games are 320x200 by default, and upscaling the best way is to interpolate, and is not free. But if you don't play any background music I guess it would be ok.

Confirm/Action key is jogdial IN.
mmmh

Post by mmmh »

Anotherguest wrote:[...]

Confirm/Action key is jogdial IN.
Thanks a lot :oops:

:wink:
Loranga

Post by Loranga »

Aloha,

I must be lost or something beacuse I can´t get this to work. I have done as the "Dummie post" say.
I' ve downloaded the scumVm file from the link (When I start ScummVM it says version 0.9.0 (Jul 26 2006 21:21:129) though).
I have download Monkey island 2 demo (small version) and copyed all the files to phonememory.
When I try to add the game I can se the mi2 folder but when I click choose bothe "on" the folder or "inside" the mi2 folder ScummVm can't find my game.

I also tried BASS floppy and copied the files SKY.DNR
SKY.DSK and SKY.CPT tho the phone but I can't find any games with scummVM
Any sugestions?
sidneylopsides

Post by sidneylopsides »

I've got this working, and looked for this in the FAQ, but I can't get any sound on MI 1 and 2, any ideas?

edit: Ok, MI2 works now, not sure why. I think the sound files are hte wrong format on MI
Ildjarn

Post by Ildjarn »

As mentioned by another poster, Day of the Tentacle crashes on the "Hoagie washing the cart" scene with the same error message. Skipping the scene with jogdial will only result in an invisible Ben Franklin (with his kite's string still visible).
Ildjarn

Post by Ildjarn »

Oops, my mistake. It's been a long time since I last played the game, so I couldn't remember that Ben Franklin DOES disappear (move to the building) after the cutscene.

Nevertheless, will there be a permanent fix for this vertical scrolling crash, or we'll just have to bear with it?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Try the scumm only version to see if it helps any. Not sure whats happening, seems to work on the other platforms.
Ildjarn

Post by Ildjarn »

I'm already using the scumm only version.
Ildjarn

Post by Ildjarn »

So I reached the contest with Laverne and am totally stuck now, since there's no way to even bypass it (the vertical scrolling involved).
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
I'm adding support for extended keyboard and screen stretch in the next build I will be doing (official 0.91 I think it will be). Keyboard will have a P990 layout even for M600 users. Some tweaking left to do on it.
hybris

Post by hybris »

Wii!
GREAT!
Luv you guys! ;)
mrpijey

Post by mrpijey »

Tested ScummVM (newest build) on a W950i today. It works except that I get the same issues as with my WinCE-build on my HX4700. The audio lags behind by half a second. Tried multiple games and the same happens in every game. Same goes with music. All audio is delayed.
1c0n

Post by 1c0n »

Aaaaaahhh, magic search function...

Before starting I would like to thank all the people working on SCUMMVM: I'm running it on a M600i and it works really fine. Ermh... Despite finding the save/option menu with jog after a month... ^^

So, got scummVM 0.11.1 and it works fine but I've got some questions.
I'm running italian copies of some Lucas Adventures (Monkey 1 and 2, Day Of The Tentacle, Fate Of Atlantis and Sam & Max) by copying the content of the CDs on a 4 Gig M2 memory stick in a dedicated directory.
The games are the italian economic version of the games on CD, not floppy, with speech (Italian or english depends by the game) and subtitle (always italian). Obviuosly I've also downloaded the free games hoted on the scummVM site (BASS, Kyrandia and LOTT)and they also works fine.
Time for question:

1: Monkey 1 is too fast and lacks sound. Works fine on my PC that should be very much faster tha the M600i (Athlon 3500+, 2 gig RAM, X1900 XT). Sound options are set to default to avoid further problems. SFXs seems to work.

2: Fate Of Atlantis lacks speech. Alerady tryed to select "speech and subtitle" but with no results. I don't know if it's the italian version without speech and only subtitle or if I'm doing something wrong.

3: Full Throttle. The CD version must be instaled. But how can I install a game on a phone?

4: By pressing Shift + Alt + any button I can go fullscreen but the Esc and L/R muose buttons on the bottom right of the screen cease to function unless I return to normal resolution.

Thanks to anyone that will answer me.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

1c0n wrote:Aaaaaahhh, magic search function...

Before starting I would like to thank all the people working on SCUMMVM: I'm running it on a M600i and it works really fine. Ermh... Despite finding the save/option menu with jog after a month... ^^

So, got scummVM 0.11.1 and it works fine but I've got some questions.
I'm running italian copies of some Lucas Adventures (Monkey 1 and 2, Day Of The Tentacle, Fate Of Atlantis and Sam & Max) by copying the content of the CDs on a 4 Gig M2 memory stick in a dedicated directory.
The games are the italian economic version of the games on CD, not floppy, with speech (Italian or english depends by the game) and subtitle (always italian). Obviuosly I've also downloaded the free games hoted on the scummVM site (BASS, Kyrandia and LOTT)and they also works fine.
Time for question:

1: Monkey 1 is too fast and lacks sound. Works fine on my PC that should be very much faster tha the M600i (Athlon 3500+, 2 gig RAM, X1900 XT). Sound options are set to default to avoid further problems. SFXs seems to work.

2: Fate Of Atlantis lacks speech. Alerady tryed to select "speech and subtitle" but with no results. I don't know if it's the italian version without speech and only subtitle or if I'm doing something wrong.

3: Full Throttle. The CD version must be instaled. But how can I install a game on a phone?

4: By pressing Shift + Alt + any button I can go fullscreen but the Esc and L/R muose buttons on the bottom right of the screen cease to function unless I return to normal resolution.

Thanks to anyone that will answer me.
Hello

First, check the required data files page:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles

1) Did you rip the music sound tracks?
2) Check if you copied monster.sou together with the other files (it contains speech/sfx data)
3) You don't need to install the game, just copy the required data files from the appropriate folder in the CD (I think it's RESOURCE or THROTTLE, I don't have the CD handy)
4) Don't know, check the SymbianOS port FAQ:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_FAQ
1c0n

Post by 1c0n »

md5 wrote: Hello

First, check the required data files page:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
Thanks, I will surely check out. In some way I haven't managed to found it before.
md5 wrote: 1) Did you rip the music sound tracks?
Nope, because there isn't any soundtrack. Oh well, at least I think so: the files on the CD are:
ADLIB.IMS
BOOTMKR.EXE
MONKEY.EXE
MONKEY.000
MONKEY.001
ROLAND.IMS
SOUNDBLAS.IMS
SPEAKER.IMS
There are also three directories, 2 for old version of Acrobat Reader and one with the complete solution of the game. With or without those three directories the games works always with no sound. The silly thing is that on my PC (SB Audigy 2) the sound works even without scummVM...
md5 wrote: 2) Check if you copied monster.sou together with the other files (it contains speech/sfx data)
Oh, if it is so, then I think my version is without speech.
As before the files on CD are:
ADLIB.IMS
ATLANTIS.EXE
ATLANTIS.000
ATLANTIS.001
ROL_330.IMS
ROL_332.IMS
ROL_334.IMS
ROL_336.IMS
ROLAND.IMS
SOUNDBLAS.IMS
SPEAKER.IMS
And the other three directories as before (Same economic collection)
md5 wrote: 3) You don't need to install the game, just copy the required data files from the appropriate folder in the CD (I think it's RESOURCE or THROTTLE, I don't have the CD handy)
Yes, found it: RESOURCE directory. I'm copying now.

md5 wrote: 4) Don't know, check the SymbianOS port FAQ:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_FAQ
Well, that's not a big problem if I can use 7 and 9 as left and right mouse buttons.
And what about the Police/Kings/Space Quest Classic Collection released some time ago? There some way to use it on my phone or they must be used only on Win XP?

Thanks!