Help compressing game files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Shenmue_Saga

Help compressing game files

Post by Shenmue_Saga »

Please i need help can someone tell me the command line for a batch file to compress the *.clu files from Broken Sword 1 & 2 and the *.san files from The Curse of Monkey Island.
keirondrk

Post by keirondrk »

chcek out puntloos easy to use tools pack with batch files to auto do the work

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... t=compress

a quick read of the readme.txt in the tools dir usually explains the majority of the info needed.... broken sword games easy to do in just a few lines of typing as the tool does the most of the work..

I used puntloos batch for curse and it worked perfectly :)

have fun...
Shenmue_Saga

Post by Shenmue_Saga »

I've already compressed the monkey island 3 and broken sword 2 files but with broken sword 1 i can't, i don't know why i go to START-> Execute then D:\Programas\ScummVM\tools\compress_sword1.exe Speech1.clu and don't do nothing and with broken 2 i have done the same except i used the compress_sword2.exe and it work fine.
clem

Post by clem »

if you use the commandline (cmd.exe) you should see an error message telling you why it doesn't work
Shenmue_Saga

Post by Shenmue_Saga »

Don't know what to do probably it's the command line with that lame.exe can someone tell-me how do you have made it?

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think you need to find your self a newer version of lame. Its been discussed in the other "I can't convert/compress my datafiles" topics.
clem

Post by clem »

again I wonder why the lame/oggenc/flac executables don't come with the tools package - shouldn't make the download much bigger and saves a lot of headaches
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

clem wrote:again I wonder why the lame/oggenc/flac executables don't come with the tools package - shouldn't make the download much bigger and saves a lot of headaches
ScummVM Toolbox does come with them, though.
Shenmue_Saga

Post by Shenmue_Saga »

I've already downloaded the ScummVM Toolbox but the program don't have the option to convert Broken sword 1 files only for Broken Sword 2, this suks i wan't to convert it so bad to see if it fits with BS 2 on a 1gb Memory Stick for PSP.