Version 0.9.1beta4 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tlv

Post by tlv »

Hi agentq,

as i'm not at home at the moment i will only be able to test the new release on the weekend, but the test release worked really well on my M3 MiniSD V3 (transparent). If this release doesn't work for SuperCard users perhaps you can try a release with the "blue" driver of the libfatdragon as described here. I don't know if you can mix the fat drivers in one scummvm ds binary though.

Best regards,
Eric
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

So far works perfect with with monkey island 1 & 2 cant wait to try out BASS DOTT & SAM & MAX

its completely stable, shutsdown and saves/loads perfect

Well done agentq, your to good to us :D
Bor

Post by Bor »

I must agree with Husky. Looks like M3 SD Slim and Co are working correctly, but my old M3 SD with V29 firmware hangs just after the "Zip mode... not in use!" message. The same happened with beta 3 M3 test. It worked fine with beta 2, but I couldn't save, as usual.
I tried the ZIP method and it worked surprisingly well with Loom CD. It saves correctly and all, but using the Quit button destroys all the saved data. Yes, I tried turning off the DS directly and it works perfectly.
You are doing and awsome work agentQ. Don't give up! :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

tlv, I won't be making different releases for different cards. I've already got six different executables, and the thought of having to build and maintain twelve different versions is just too scary to contemplate.

I will change the order of initialisation so that the SC SD driver is set up before the M3. I will also add a keypress so that by holding a button on startup, the M3 driver can be initialised first, in case the change makes the M3 break. It will mean that M3 users may have to hold a key on bootup, but I don't think that's too bad considering.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Off course not. As long as it works...
tlv

Post by tlv »

agentq wrote:tlv, I won't be making different releases for different cards. I've already got six different executables, and the thought of having to build and maintain twelve different versions is just too scary to contemplate.
I perfectly understand that. Handling with different release versions (gray, blue, green) seems to be one of the reasons why DragonMinded got fed up with DSOrganize development.
agentq wrote:I will change the order of initialisation so that the SC SD driver is set up before the M3. I will also add a keypress so that by holding a button on startup, the M3 driver can be initialised first, in case the change makes the M3 break. It will mean that M3 users may have to hold a key on bootup, but I don't think that's too bad considering.
That is a good idea, perhaps you can even store this setting in the SRAM when enabled in the gui? Another idea would be to skip scanning for a zip or card reader at first start but give a configuration dialog of some sort. So every user could choose by himself which card reader model he has. After that the setting can be stored in the sram.

Regards,
Eric
Phil :: CSF

Post by Phil :: CSF »

Working perfectly with my MiniSDv2 and SNM Talkie. Works great with uncompressed sound, but OGG compression support would be handy in a future release =]
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

hmm was working perfect witht he M3 test one. went to download the beta 4 and the link on page 1 of this post there only seems to be beta 2 to download. am i missing something :?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hold shift and control and reload the page.
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

Ta :D
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Well.. I just found something out...

After having tested succesfully the beta 4 on a m3 mini sd v2, i moved the files to another card, since that one had few space... To my surprise, scumm failed to load, stopping after the zip check...

I believe this has to do with the fat.. The old card was formated on fat 16, and this is on fat 32. I´m moving the files now so that i can format it at fat 16. I´ll report more on this later.

Other possibility may be the fact that in this card scumm executables were not on the root folder... I will try to place it on the root if formatting fails.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Well, well, well... This is weird

After formating the card... no success...
Placed the files on the root folder... and no success..

Re-installed scumm on the other card... and it works...

Both cards are Kingston 1 Gb Fat 16.. can´t see any diference to explain this.

There is no problem with any of the cards.

I´ll try to figure it out...

Eddited: Clusters are both at 16 kb... what can explain this...
Besides, DSOrganize is in this card, and it works, so why not Scumm?...
Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

<M3 Lite (1GB FAT32 SanDisk microSD) - v29 FW, Loaded w/o M3 Game Manager>

Tested the Beta4 this morning. The first time I booted, I deleted the old SCUMMVM.INI, but I still had scummvm-a.dat in my SRAM from the m3test version released yesterday, and it hung after the zip file check. I rebooted, held down L + R, cleared my SRAM and it started normally.

Games are running great, the INI file is written correctly, and saves are written/read from disk without issue.

Once when starting the Beta4, it actually told me I didn't have a card reader! I don't know what that was about, I just restarted my DS and it worked fine. Also, it intermittently hangs after the zip file check... I can't say why or under what specific circumstances... just seems random. I don't know that L + R is actually helping, it may be that the time I hold L + R and works, I think that it was clearing the SRAM that fixed it, when it may have booted fine without.

Most of the time it works great.
werpu

Just short message

Post by werpu »

Thanks to agenthq, for doing all this, I forgot to write my thanks, I am a developer myself and know how hard it is to maintain all this, especially given the fat lib driver mess, the ds seems to be into.
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

M3 Lite:

This version works great like the beta for M3. Lucasarts games are all playable and so the Build B games are. But in the Build C Kyrandia doesn't work. When I hit start it shows a black screen. It's weird because the other games work great.

Thanks a lot!

ZRV