0.9.1svn test build

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

suloku

Post by suloku »

Blue screen after main screen in Gobliiins
sheen

Post by sheen »

Is it possible to have this ScummVM @ 333 Mhz but compiled with libmpeg2 (for Broken Sword 1 & 2) ?
I think that it is the last thing which is currently missing in your marvelous software ^^
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

suloku wrote:Blue screen after main screen in Gobliiins
Euh?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

sheen wrote:Is it possible to have this ScummVM @ 333 Mhz but compiled with libmpeg2 (for Broken Sword 1 & 2) ?
I think that it is the last thing which is currently missing in your marvelous software ^^
I'm rather busy at the moment, but 0.9.1 will be released relatively soon I suppose. I'll do a 333mhz build of that (which includes libmpeg2) when it gets released.
supadupanerd

Post by supadupanerd »

Please forgive me. as i cannot get this version to run. I was able to get the previous version to run fine (i am using a fw 2.00 psp with the 'bock' version of eloader) by way of using Tiff exploit eloader.

I do not know if this has to do with the arrangement of the data directories on my memory stick (psp\game) or what.

Do i copy the WHOLE folder titled 'scummvm-0.9.1svn-psp' into psp\game or do i just copy the data folders inside of each cpu speed version XXXmhz\*.*

Help is greatly appreciated. :wink:

Edit: When copying the two folders from XXXmhz >> psp\game and then running the eboot from eloader i get an error that "couldn't open eboot.pbp: 8001"
Dark Keyblader

Post by Dark Keyblader »

Hye guys glad to see scumm vm is going great 1 problem though i cannot get this psp version to work at all i need a bit more help on exactly how to get it workin i do have the latest psp update (the 1 with flash cartoon support) could this be blocking it if not plz tell me how to get it to work step by step man ythanks :D btw i dont have this e loader thing eiher is tha twhy if so plz say where i can get it and how to use it :)
aVirulence

Post by aVirulence »

Dark Keyblader wrote:Hye guys glad to see scumm vm is going great 1 problem though i cannot get this psp version to work at all i need a bit more help on exactly how to get it workin i do have the latest psp update (the 1 with flash cartoon support) could this be blocking it if not plz tell me how to get it to work step by step man ythanks :D btw i dont have this e loader thing eiher is tha twhy if so plz say where i can get it and how to use it :)
You can't get it to work because you have firmware 2.80.
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

Dark Keyblader wrote:Hye guys glad to see scumm vm is going great 1 problem though i cannot get this psp version to work at all i need a bit more help on exactly how to get it workin i do have the latest psp update (the 1 with flash cartoon support) could this be blocking it if not plz tell me how to get it to work step by step man ythanks :D btw i dont have this e loader thing eiher is tha twhy if so plz say where i can get it and how to use it :)
Or a 2.71
Nicodemus82

Post by Nicodemus82 »

Any idea when the 333mhz 0.9.1 version compiled with libmpeg2 will be released?
Fox

Post by Fox »

I have been using an older version of ScummVM on the PSP for some time.
It has worked overall okey exept some problems with the MIDI playback. I decided to upgrade so I downloaded the 0.9.0 version. When I loaded the program from the eloader, the screen would go black and the unit would shut down.

I upgraded the eloader to 0.99 (it is the most up-to-date version most likely..) but the problem remained.
I finaly tried to use this beta-version of ScummVM, but the outcome was the same.

I am using firmware 2.6, and using (gta-style) eloader.
wololo

Post by wololo »

Fox wrote:I have been using an older version of ScummVM on the PSP for some time.
It has worked overall okey exept some problems with the MIDI playback. I decided to upgrade so I downloaded the 0.9.0 version. When I loaded the program from the eloader, the screen would go black and the unit would shut down.

I upgraded the eloader to 0.99 (it is the most up-to-date version most likely..) but the problem remained.
I finaly tried to use this beta-version of ScummVM, but the outcome was the same.

I am using firmware 2.6, and using (gta-style) eloader.
This thread is about version 0.9.1, not version 0.9.0...
I started a thread about eloader compatibility here : http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2456 feel frre to add your experience there...
About your specific problem, try version 0.9.1, or try the tiff exploit instrad of the GTA one. I had version 0.9.0 work on my 2.6 with eloader 0.99 Tiff
Fox

Post by Fox »

wololo wrote:
This thread is about version 0.9.1, not version 0.9.0...
I started a thread about eloader compatibility here : http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2456 feel frre to add your experience there...
About your specific problem, try version 0.9.1, or try the tiff exploit instrad of the GTA one. I had version 0.9.0 work on my 2.6 with eloader 0.99 Tiff

What I meant was that I did try and use the 0.9.1 build, but it generated the same problem. I am going to try on the Tiff-hack thingy, it's something I accually have never tried. ^^'

UPDATE: The ScummVUM started perfectly with the tiff-exploit. I'm starting a new thread about my no-midi problem. Thanks alot for the advice!
vcfool

Post by vcfool »

Hi and thank you all in advance.

I am using the Homebrew Enabler C (HEN C) by Dark-AleX with a FW 2.71 PSP and haven't been able to load this 0.9.1 333Mhz build.

The 0.9.0 single eboot version does work fine with the HEN C.

I tried this new 0.9.1 build, just as it is when downloaded, and it's not working.
I also converted the 0.9.1 version with PSPBrew (from 1.5 to 1.0) and it didn't work either.

Did anyone successfully load the 0.9.1 333Mhz build with the HEN C?

Will this build be released with the single eboot also? I mean when the official 0.9.1 port is released...

Thanks again and sorry for my poor english.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

The 0.9.1 release will have a single eboot as well, yeah.

It sounds more likely that the fact the 333mhz build is using kernel mode (to change the clockspeed) is responsible for it not working though.
vcfool

Post by vcfool »

Thanks for your light-speed answer!

After reading it I tried with the 222Mhz version of the 0.9.1 build and exactly the same happened:
Without converting it with PSPBrew it made my PSP to turn off by itself.
Then I converted it to 1.0 with PSPBrew and still didn't work, got the 80020148 error.

I think I will have to use the official 0.9.0 for the moment.
Hope the next official release with single eboot will work.

Thank you anyway.