Full Throttle voices

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

russo

Full Throttle voices

Post by russo »

I upgraded to the latest scummvm. I do not seem to have any voice for full throttle. Music and sound are fine but no talk :(
Any ideas?
clone2727
Retired

Re: Full Throttle voices

Post by clone2727 »

russo wrote:I upgraded to the latest scummvm. I do not seem to have any voice for full throttle. Music and sound are fine but no talk :(
Any ideas?
Do you have the monster.sou file or its compressed version?
russo

Post by russo »

I found it on the CD. I am puzzled that it was not with my installation though.

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

russo wrote:I found it on the CD. I am puzzled that it was not with my installation though.
Perhaps the original only installed some of the files to hard disk, and read the remaining ones from the CD?
Nagra

I am wondering...

Post by Nagra »

why so many people who are new to SCUMMVM try to make their games work by traditional installings.

I instantly understood that COPYING the (in most cases entire) gamedata to a new folder and pointing SCUMMVM to its path, is the best (and only) way to let my games work without any problems. :)

I never had trouble with missing voices, sync or anything elses - it just worked from the beginning.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: I am wondering...

Post by sev »

Nagra wrote:why so many people who are new to SCUMMVM try to make their games work by traditional installings.
Because they don't even bother to read our FAQ where answer to this question was provided for ages.

Eugene
clem

Post by clem »

to complicate things, there are games which need the installation program to be run (Feeble Files, new BS1/2 pack)