*Joostp*

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

phreeQue

*Joostp*

Post by phreeQue »

I'm sure you've been asked this question numerous times, but will there ever be support for the old Sierra games? Is there any source code out there for that type of development? Thanks.
phreeQue

Post by phreeQue »

Also, I've noticed the tearing issue in BS1 couldn't be fixed, bummer. Plus whenever I try to start a new game, it freezes then shuts off my PSP.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

The old AGI Sierra adventures *might* be supported in 0.10.0, there are no plans for the SCI games as of yet, but it's not that hard to port FreeSCI to PSP for those.

The BS1 tearing problem *might* be remedied after I get around to a minor rewrite of parts of the backend, which will probably be in 0.10.0 as well.

As for the crash, can you be a bit more specific? Which game, etc.
phreeQue

Post by phreeQue »

The crash occurs when I try to start a new game of BS1. Can you clarify which games are AGI/SCI? Thanks.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

phreeQue wrote:Can you clarify which games are AGI/SCI? Thanks.
I don't know that much about the Sierra games myself, but Wikipedia's articles on AGI and SCI are probably accurate.
phreeQue

Post by phreeQue »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
I don't know that much about the Sierra games myself, but Wikipedia's articles on AGI and SCI are probably accurate.
Awesome, thanks. What were the Quest for Glory games?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

phreeQue wrote:
eriktorbjorn wrote:
maybe just take a look at the linked pages, instead of letting somebody else do that for you?
phreeQue

Post by phreeQue »

LordHoto wrote:
phreeQue wrote:
eriktorbjorn wrote: I don't know that much about the Sierra games myself, but Wikipedia's articles on AGI and SCI are probably accurate.
maybe just take a look at the linked pages, instead of letting somebody else do that for you?
I didn't realize there were multiple tiers to the SCI games, but thanks for your reply...or not.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

phreeQue wrote: Awesome, thanks. What were the Quest for Glory games?
I noticed a couple of days ago that Adventure Gamers has a review of the first one, but I never played any of them myself.
phreeQue

Post by phreeQue »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
phreeQue wrote: Awesome, thanks. What were the Quest for Glory games?
I noticed a couple of days ago that Adventure Gamers has a review of the first one, but I never played any of them myself.
Yes I saw that. Notice the Top 20 AG's of All Time article and look where Quest for Glory is on that list...