Discworld MIDI Enhancement Important News...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JamesWoodcock

Discworld MIDI Enhancement Important News...

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Taken from my personal website:

I have been working on enhancing the original MIDI soundtracks for various classic point and click adventure games including Beneath A Steel Sky, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Inherit the Earth, Simon the Sorcerer and most recently Discworld. Discworld is a title packed with humour and wacky puzzles as you traverse Terry Pratchett’s imaginative universe of fun and strange happenings.

I am very pleased to announce that Terry Pratchett himself has given me his blessing for me to officially release the Discworld enhanced soundtrack I have been working on to coincide with the ScummVM program, which hopefully will support the game in the near future. A big thanks of course to the original composer of the music for Discworld and Terry Pratchett for allowing me to make available my full enhanced soundtrack and samples.

You can download 3 samples in OGG Vorbis format right now from my ScummVM Music Enhancement page. The full soundtrack will be released when the ScummVM program supports the game and my audio soundtrack.

News Link: http://www.jameswoodcock.co.uk/?p=796
ScummVM Music Enhancement Project Link: http://www.jameswoodcock.co.uk/?page_id=54
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Great idea in supporting these games (& SCUMMVM) with new & improved tracks! The Discworld samples sound great.
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

Your samples updated sound tracks sound really good.

I will look forward to the release of the enhanced sound track for Simon the Sorceror as well as the discworld music.

keep up the good work.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

:shock:

That sounds AWESOME ... and we can have THIS incredible music in ScummVM???

...so...what about Simon the Sorcerer, it's ready 100% AND supported, any news on that?
Maybe a a test sample so we can compare?
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Yes eventually you will be able to have these enhanced soundtracks within the game thanks to ScummVM and my work.

As for Simon the Sorcerer, I am still trying to get permission and can't release any samples until I have been told I can.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

glidem wrote:Yes eventually you will be able to have these enhanced soundtracks within the game thanks to ScummVM and my work.

As for Simon the Sorcerer, I am still trying to get permission and can't release any samples until I have been told I can.
Ah ok, didn't know that, i thought there were still some parts missing, hope you get the permission soon
I am very pleased to announce that Terry Pratchett himself has given me his blessing for me to officially release the Discworld enhanced soundtrack
You don't have, by any chance, asked if he could do something with the source code? ;-)

Kudos for this great project
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Raziel wrote:You don't have, by any chance, asked if he could do something with the source code? ;-)
No, that's John Young.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

clone2727 wrote:
Raziel wrote:You don't have, by any chance, asked if he could do something with the source code? ;-)
No, that's John Young.
Maybe he has the phone number of John Young or something, lol.

glidem: it's quite nice you talked personally with Terry Pratchett, for some people that is like a dream for them (he has a solid cult/fan base).
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

No I don't have any contact with anyone who has the source for Discworld alas, but I am sure the ScummVM team will do what they can to get hold of it.

The Simon the Sorcerer Soundtrack is complete, but like I say permission needs to be granted first and it is something I am trying to sort out next.