Sound FX in BASS?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jamyskis

Sound FX in BASS?

Post by jamyskis »

I don't know if it's just my PC being awkward but I recently noticed that no sound FX are being played in BASS. Music and speech are fine, but I noticed when I stepped on the elevator in the first part of the game that there were no sound effects - the same applies to the crusher in the room on the left and the lathe in the room on the right. I've tried this with 0.9.1 on Windows and Linux - I might try it on my PSP later if I can find the USB cable. Possible bug...? Seems to work fine under DOSBox with sound effects.

I'm using the original CD version of BASS with English, French, German, Spanish and Italian localisations on it.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sound FX in BASS?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jamyskis wrote:I don't know if it's just my PC being awkward but I recently noticed that no sound FX are being played in BASS. Music and speech are fine,
The sound effects work for me, but it's possible to turn them off (second button from below in the BASS options dialog). Perhaps you accidentally did that?
jamyskis

Re: Sound FX in BASS?

Post by jamyskis »

eriktorbjorn wrote:The sound effects work for me, but it's possible to turn them off (second button from below in the BASS options dialog). Perhaps you accidentally did that?
Nope, I considered that and they're most definitely on. I've just tried switching them "off" in the remote hope that this might make a difference but the sound effects just don't play.

I'll download the version on the site and see if that makes a difference.

[EDIT] Found out what it was - I was running the game previously direct from CD, so I gave copying the entire game contents over to the hard drive a try, which seems to have fixed it. Strange.