R4/M3simply Support

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Arakon

R4/M3simply Support

Post by Arakon »

at r4ds.com, the i/o source is available.. can you check if this is fully usable to read/write to/from the microsd, agentq? if so, full support for scumm and other homebrew should be doable.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The code looks fine, and appears to handle misaligned data correctly too, which is a bonus (I had to fix that for M3SD and SCSD).

Of course, when I compile it in, I'll have no way to check that it works.

There seems to be more of these things every day!
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

I have an R4 and i'll be glad to try it out if it works properly. So if you want to know, just give me a pm and i'll try it out with the R4 whenever you decide to include the code :)
xtrawidth

Post by xtrawidth »

Yep I have an R4 also and am willing to test. I am excited to be able to use SCUMMVM on my DS!
Arakon

Post by Arakon »

m3 simply here and will test of course.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

I will get my R4 soon and I'll gladly test for you :)
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

I have both :P, so feel free to send me a tester version (btw, chism's new DLDI works fine with both M3 and R4; tested it yesterday).
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

The 32MB limit shouldn't exist for Slot1-carts, am I right? Then isn't it possible to use a talkie-game like DOTT with the ZIP-method and run that on R4/M3S? Could someone test this please?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The zip file method only works for slot-2 cards, since it reads the data from GBA ROM space. It won't work at all for slot-1 cards.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Does that mean .ds.gba files renamed to .nds doesn't work at all on Slot1-carts?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You're right, .ds.gba doesn't work with Slot-1 cards.

The only way to use more than ~4Mb of data is with a fat driver.
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I just got my M3 simply in the mail today, so I'd be more than happy to test it out as well.

Cheers,
Havoc
Loki

Post by Loki »

I'm highly considering purchasing an M3 DS Simply but high on the list for the final decision is whether it supports SCUMMVM or not so it's something I'd be interested in knowing.

It seems like it could be possible, the reason why it doesn't work on DSXtreme is due to the lack of a FAT driver but on the M3 site it says the M3Simply has FAT system support.

Can anyone confirm that use of SCUMM on it is a definite possibility (even if it's not possible at the moment)?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The next version will support DLDI. There is a DLDI driver for the M3 Simply so it should work, assuming the driver works ok.
Ploflo

Post by Ploflo »

agentq wrote:The next version will support DLDI.
Can you give a rough estimate when this next version will be ready? I'm just curious :wink: