Vertical scroll whatever bug.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

keklu

Vertical scroll whatever bug.

Post by keklu »

I have monkey island 1 & 2, beneath a steel sky, dott and sam'n'max. Is there any way of going around of the vertical scroll bug?? Monkey island 1 is playable, you can play through the game but all the other games can not be played through.

Any ideas. I'm not going to post anything on any bugtrackers 'cause they probably know my problem allready.

I have N73, SCUMM 0.9.1.

The program is awesome but someone has to get past this bug to make these games playable.
goetz

Re: Vertical scroll whatever bug.

Post by goetz »

keklu wrote:Is there any way of going around of the vertical scroll bug??
The scummvm-060917-SymbianS60v3_scumm.sis build from the SVN builds http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/ should do for the SCUMM games. At least it worked for MI1+2,Dott,Sam&Max on my E60.

Don't know about BASS and the _all or _sky builds ...

- Goetz
Anzati

Post by Anzati »

I have an N73 too, the way I got round this problem is to copy the save game to my PC version of ScummVM, play the section that crashes on the PC, save and copy back to my phone. Not the prettiest way of doing things, but allows you to continue playing.

Where do you get a crsh in BASS though? I found I could play through that fine with no crashes. S&M however crashed once and DOTT crashed in 3 places. I also get the crash in INDY4 on the baloon section.
keklu

Post by keklu »

Thanks for the reply Goetz, the another build worked. Except for the BASS, just as you said.

And for Anzati, BASS crashes when i get one storey down from the starting one and try to move around there. For example, i go to the screen where the travelling agency is, talk around there, come out and walk out of that screen. BAM, a crash. It's pretty weird though, the screen isn't even scrolling at that point.