PSP V3.10 with ScummVM [version 9.1.0] installation

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

god

PSP V3.10 with ScummVM [version 9.1.0] installation

Post by god »

Hello, new to this sorta thing so wondering if i could get some help, been looking over a lot of the posts already but i dont really understand what to do, most of them seem to be for previous versions.

Would be great if someone could advise me on how to go about installing ScummVm 0.9.1 on to my PSP V3.10 + if possible how to add games on to it. I'm a big fan of ScummVm, recently new to the PSP though so would be great to get start on it!
Thanks in advance for any help!:)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Tough luck. AFAIK, no homebrew software is usable with this firmware version; worse, right now it's not even possible to downgrade it to an older firmware version. You are stuck for the time being!

Rule of thumb: If you want to use homebrew software, on't update your PSP firmware, until you are 100% sure that somebody already figured out a way to play homebrew on this new firmware (or at least figured out a way to downgrade it to an older firmware version).
jak66

Post by jak66 »

You cannot run ScummVM (or any homebrew) on that firmware as it has yet to be cracked (3.10 OE is different, but currently you cannot get to it).
My advice (if you really want to play ScummVM on your PSP) is to not upgrade again and wait for an exploit to be found that will lead to an eloader/downgrader.
god

Post by god »

thats cool thanks, at least i know now, and i can look out for it in the future!