As foretold by The Prophecy

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Collector

Post by Collector »

The current SVN plays the demo for me now. I'd be happy to do some screenshots as I did have a number of save games. I might not be able to get to it until this weekend, though.
fac

Post by fac »

Collector wrote:The current SVN plays the demo for me now. I'd be happy to do some screenshots as I did have a number of save games. I might not be able to get to it until this weekend, though.
The demo works to me too. But it has the copy protection activated. :shock:
So i added a feature request: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418823
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Collector wrote:The current SVN plays the demo for me now. I'd be happy to do some screenshots as I did have a number of save games. I might not be able to get to it until this weekend, though.
That's great. Please, submit 5-10 shots, so I will have more options to choose from. Use our patch tracker to do that, or send them directly to me. Alternatively you may upload it somewhere and provide the links.

Eugene
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

I finally got my copy of The Prophecy in the mail today. Disk 1 was slightly corrupted, but it seems to have only affected loader.exe, and I've managed to borrow a working version from the The Prophecy demo on my Gobliins 2 CD.

One thing I've noticed... ScummVM renders the game with fewer colors than the original executible does. In doing so, it damages some of the nice smooth gradients the game uses.
Comparison can be seen here: http://wnivek.home.att.net/prophecy.html

Edit: replaced embedded screenshot comparison with hyperlink to it
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

WNivek - where did you find a copy of the game to buy? I haven't seen a copy hit eBay at all for the past month or 2.
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

I got it on eBay, of course. :P
It's not every day you can pick up a game like this for 12¢

Edit: There's another one, but one of the devs is bidding on it, so perhaps you should wait for another one to come by...
There's also that vastly overpriced copy on amazon.com

Edit2: swapped 'jump on it' advice with note about dev bidding. Sorry, erik.
Last edited by WNivek on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

i have been continually searching "ween" - no wonder I couldnt find it. Was there ever a CD version of this game?
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

WNivek wrote:I got it on eBay, of course. :P
It's not every day you can pick up a game like this for 12¢

Edit: There's another one! Quick, jump on it!
There's also that vastly overpriced copy on amazon.com
If eriktorbjorn is indeed the one and same as the ScummVM developer then perhaps 'jumping' on it isn't the best plan is it!
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

exofreeze wrote:i have been continually searching "ween" - no wonder I couldnt find it.
Yeah, the US version omitted 'Ween' from the title, and had its own title screen (which I prefer)
exofreeze wrote:Was there ever a CD version of this game?
I'm not aware of one, but the manual does make references to a CD ROM version, so I'm not 100% certain.
Reckless wrote:If eriktorbjorn is indeed the one and same as the ScummVM developer then perhaps 'jumping' on it isn't the best plan is it!
oops... sorry. :oops:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Reckless wrote:If eriktorbjorn is indeed the one and same as the ScummVM developer then perhaps 'jumping' on it isn't the best plan is it!
Yes, I'm bidding on that one. Of course, if anyone's determined to outbid me, there isn't much I can do about that. :-)
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Uhuh, I know but it seems silly to enter a bidding war against a "known" person - especially someone who is a ScummVM dev [and, for me at least, am very grateful to for what you guys do!]. :)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

exofreeze wrote:i have been continually searching "ween" - no wonder I couldnt find it. Was there ever a CD version of this game?
There was Ween recently too. Haven't received it, though. And no CD version of the game is known so far.

Eugene
Collector

Post by Collector »

Here is a rar of screenshots from ween
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Collector wrote:Here is a rar of screenshots from ween
Excellent! Thank you. I've posted screenshots, though due to SF.net problems there is no way to propagate the to the website.

Now if we'd only find someone to submit Touche screenshots...

Eugene
Collector

Post by Collector »

Glad I could help.