COMI on PSP using eloader

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JimPegler

COMI on PSP using eloader

Post by JimPegler »

Has anyone figured out how to play Curse of Monkey Island on PSP using eloader without it crashing after the first scene?

Any help would be appreciated.
jak66

Post by jak66 »

The problem could have something to do with memory issues. If I understand, CoMI needs a lot of memory to run (Which is why some platforms cannot run it). Now, as eloader takes up a portion of memory itself ScummVM may not be left with enough memory to run CoMI.

If this is the case, then the only solution would be to degrade.
JimPegler

Post by JimPegler »

I've heard that downgrading isn't safe though and I could 'brick' my PSP. Is there an easy way that this can be done safely? and is it easily reversible?

Otherwise I may have to resort to playing another game.
jak66

Post by jak66 »

JimPegler wrote:I've heard that downgrading isn't safe though and I could 'brick' my PSP. Is there an easy way that this can be done safely? and is it easily reversible?

Otherwise I may have to resort to playing another game.
Recent degraders are actually quite safe, little more dangerous than an official update, but not as dangerous as degraders that require firmware dumps.

To reverse it, you would either have to upgrade to a custom firmware (Mixture of 1.50 and 3.XX, so you have full compatability with ScummVM and many other homebrew, as well as all new official features not in 1.50, such as web browser and running high firmware games like GTA:VCS.), or upgrade to 2.00 (1.50 doesn't have decription keys for higher firmwares), then up to the firmware you want.

Tutorials to degrade any PSP with firmware 1.52-2.80 (Doesn't need GTA:LCS) or 1.52-3.03(NEEDS UNPATCHED GTA:LCS) can be found HERE. I wrote these tutorials at the same time as degrading my own PSP so that the steps are 100% accurate.