Broken Sword 1 BRAZILIAN Cutscene Pack

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

saulob

Post by saulob »

sev, hello.

djsouza asked me to help. I'm doing that right now.

It will take some time ok ? It's only 6.271 png files to check :wink:

Don't worry, tomorrow you will get it.

Btw, nice ideia on the subtitles.
djsouza

Post by djsouza »

Thanks, Saulo!
saulob

Post by saulob »

sev, it's done ;)

All the files (BR subtitles from the videos provided by djsouza) are here:
http://www.savefile.com/files/525348

Zip file with TEXT files (txt) on the same name from the movie, like:

INTRO.smk (movie)
INTRO.txt (subtitle file, your format)

Let me add some info about it and make some questions ;)

1- All subtitles, like movie subtitles (.srt) has a "Line Break" (An 'ENTER'), on subtitles (movies) program they use this character | (one vertical line, dunno the name, sorry). So, I made two files from each movie file, file.txt it's the normal one, without this character and the other file_cod.txt with all the | on the same place from the original subtitles.

One Line Break example:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8162/e ... brazg0.jpg

2- On the original video, all subtitles change in colors and sizes, some examples (you already saw one image):
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3803/ferarribsck6.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4264/introbscj2.jpg

3- The CREDITS.SMK video file it's all translated, I mean, there's no subtitle on it. All the credits text like 'Director', 'Producer'... are all translated, including who did the original translation for the game (that's interesting to see)

Example:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5499/creditosbsih7.jpg

So, how can we work it out ? This video has *only* 18mb (ouch, just for texts on a black see/show...)

4- There's no text on the video file 'FERRARI.SMK', so no TXT.

Ok, that's it.

Thank you djsouza for providing the videos.
Thank you sev and Eriktorbjorn for the amazing work.

Hope that we can help :)
djsouza

Post by djsouza »

Well done, Saulo! Thanks again for all your help.
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

saulob wrote:1- All subtitles, like movie subtitles (.srt) has a "Line Break" (An 'ENTER'), on subtitles (movies) program they use this character | (one vertical line, dunno the name, sorry). So, I made two files from each movie file, file.txt it's the normal one, without this character and the other file_cod.txt with all the | on the same place from the original subtitles.
| <-- This is a 'pipe'. :)

BTW: An 'ENTER' is CR+LF on Windows, LF on Unix/Linux, LF+RF on Macintosh, ...

CR = Carriage Return
LF = Line Feed

But I think this is no big deal... :)

saulob wrote:3- The CREDITS.SMK video file it's all translated, I mean, there's no subtitle on it. All the credits text like 'Director', 'Producer'... are all translated, including who did the original translation for the game (that's interesting to see)

So, how can we work it out ? This video has *only* 18mb (ouch, just for texts on a black see/show...)
I'd guess the best way would be, if you nonetheless transcript that thing... :( Yes, ouch.

For the matter of different colors: Maybe this should go into the text file also. Either as "purple" or as RGB#-value.
As I know the perfectionism of these guys, I don't believe they just keep usual font colors, when it differs from the original. ;)

FYI: Could also be interesting to get the correct fade-in/fade-out values?!
Maybe they even differ?!? :shock:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

saulob wrote: 3- The CREDITS.SMK video file it's all translated, I mean, there's no subtitle on it. All the credits text like 'Director', 'Producer'... are all translated, including who did the original translation for the game (that's interesting to see)

Example:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5499/creditosbsih7.jpg

I believe there already is code in the Broken Sword 1 engine - see engines/sword1/credits.cpp - to read the credits text from a file and render it on the fly. Though I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well it works or how it looks.
Herrscher wrote:For the matter of different colors: Maybe this should go into the text file also. Either as "purple" or as RGB#-value.
You wouldn't be guaranteed the exact colour, of course, since you're stuck with the 256-colour palette used by the movie frame itself. Currently, the work-in-progress subtitle code checks the palette every time it changes to find the colours closest to white and black. It should be trivial to make it search for custom "pen" and "border" colours whenever the palette or text colours change.
djsouza

Post by djsouza »

Will you need any more files from my brazilian version of the game? Anything else I could help you with in order to get the brazilan add-on created?

Or should I just wait for now?
saulob

Post by saulob »

Guys,
any news about the subtitle support ?

djsouza

Post by djsouza »

Hey there! My translation team did some research and we were able to succesfully edit the cutscenes from the brazilian version to be fully compatible with ScummVM.

We already tested and it's working fine. Since the cutscenes feature subtitles, and not dubbed audio, the add-on file turned out to be a little big (24 MB), so we decided to create a FULL Cutscene pack, not just an add-on.

We've uploaded the Brazilian COMPLETE Cutscene Pack to our FileFront account:

http://files.filefront.com/Sword1_BRVid ... einfo.html

I was wondering, do you guys want to add our link to the ScummVM downloads page? We at the ScummBR team would love to share these files with all the brazilan fans that visit your site, and it would be an honor if we were able to contribute with the ScummVM team as well.

Let me also remind you that these video translations are from the OFFICIAL brazilian version of Broken Sword : Shadow of the Templars. It is NOT a fan translation. The game was sold in our stores with brazilian subtitles, never in dubbed versions.
djsouza

Post by djsouza »

Oops, forgot to mention that we also uploaded the Brazilian Cutscene Pack to our own server. If you prefer a direct link for downloading the file, without having to go through all the FileFront pop-ups and game ads.

Our direct link is:

http://downloads.scummbr.com/Sword1_BRVideos.zip
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well, we still would prefer to use the cutscene subtitle code found here: <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=418822>.

But I guess this stalled because we never got any feedback on it. Or maybe we didn't get feedback because it wasn't integrated into the trunk yet (still, it would have been nice to at least see a comment on that tracker item from any interested party)...

Also, are you sure your server can handle multiple gigabytes of data transferred every day w/o making you poor? Just asking this before I add a link to you, else you might wake up with a bad surprise :-/.
mmoreira

Post by mmoreira »

Well, i don't really think this video well be too much downloaded. But our server can handle up to 2 terabytes of transfers per month. So, i think it's enough.

BTW: I'm from ScummBR Team too :)
djsouza

Post by djsouza »

Yeah, mmoreira is fromn our team. So if he said the server can take it, then I'm with him.

Well, so we created a Brazilian COMPLETE Cutscene pack. It would be great if you could add our download link to the ScummVM downloads page.

But I don't see why there can't be also a Brazilian ADD-ON pack as well, so the Subtitles feature for Broken Sword 1 could still be finished after all.

I see that the German Translastion also have 2 different versions at the ScummVM Downloads page: a COMPLETE cutscene pack and an optional ADD-ON pack.

Any way the Brazilian translation could have both options as well?
clem

Post by clem »

djsouza wrote: I see that the German Translastion also have 2 different versions at the ScummVM Downloads page: a COMPLETE cutscene pack and an optional ADD-ON pack.
the german full pack came about since I host it, I guess linking to your full BR pack should work as well
saulob

Post by saulob »

clem wrote:the german full pack came about since I host it, I guess linking to your full BR pack should work as well
Great, thank you guys :)