Agi supposed to work?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cyke64

Post by cyke64 »

hello all ,

I try today the S60 3rd version with N93 , the scummvm daily snapshot and the agi fangame TIME QUEST v0.2 and here the features that are working :)

- game selection
- intro game starting
- C key for game menu
- moving pointer and click on left soft key for moving

BUT these don't work

- you can't entering any letters in prompt :(
- you can only entering numbers !
- you can't use select key for validating commands (no enter key)
- you can't use the cursor directly for moving like in Win32
version

CONCLUSION : I can only view intro and after I'm stuck in the game because I can't play it :( :( :(

Cyke64
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Need to fix 0+1 to get agi games working fully, since that is the access to multitap
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

cyke64 wrote:CONCLUSION : I can only view intro and after I'm stuck in the game because I can't play it :( :( :(
And what did you expected from a WIP engine? It never was tested on a keyboardless device yet. There is a predictive input, but it is not yet well documented and not yet finished.

Still you can extract word tokens from your collection if you have Perl installed. Use extract-words-tok.pl and construct-pred-dict.pl from tools/ subdirectory in ScummVM sources. Usage info is inside of those files.

Eugene
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have been working this weekend to improve the multitap support to be able to play AGI games, but typing is not fast enough to say "Ken sent me" I'm afraid. But multitap + cursorkey navigation works quite fine in my own internal build.
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

Similar problem exists on the E61: Some keys on the QUERTY keyboard produce letters by default. A function key can be used to enter numbers. In ScummVM the keys with double function always result in a number and I could not find a way to enter the letter on the same key.

Otherwise LSL1 and SQ1 work just fine as far as I could play them. This looks very promising. Thanks again, Anotherguest. I would happily volunteer for testing if the devs don't have an (emululation of an) E61.

P.S.: 0 + 1 causes an immediate shutdown of ScummVM (without saving changed settings).
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

As for the E61, SDL is using scancodes, and it seems Like the E61 is having numeric scancodes on the numeric part, and the input engine is translating those into alpha when into alpha input mode. Now I have to handle that all by my self, and I dont know of any E61 emu/skin which can simulate this problem. Also this means building a very specific E61 version.

I have uploaded new S60v3 and UIQ3 version, which for S60v3 does n't crash on 0+1.. enables better multitap input and bugfixes.

Also I now have save game compability with the PC version I believe, but savegames still work from the last (0228) cvsversion. Yes.. zlib can read gzip files withor without headers.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Anotherguest wrote: I have uploaded new S60v3 and UIQ3 version, which for S60v3 does n't crash on 0+1.. enables better multitap input and bugfixes.
Well, after I had some bad experiences with past builds, I tried the current scummvm-070311-SymbianS60v3_all.sis on my E60.

Bad news: The nice green icon (the S) is now a nasty black S.

Good news: It runs nicely on my E60, runs Sam&Max and Atlantis incredibly fast compared to the 060917-scumm build I used previously -- good work! :D

I noted that there have been several changes in keymapping: Alphanumeric entry mode; cut scene escape is always left+right soft key, not the "#" mapped to it. But, it works, unlike previous builds. It seems you managed to fix the 0+1-crash problem.

I also could load my old savegames after I found out that simply the naming was changed. So I was able to try situations with the infamous vertical scroll bug (atlantis: U-Boat, mi2: map on cliff) and it looked strange as usual with the whole scrolling in a small stripe, but it did not crash. :)

ScummVM now feels overall faster than the 0917 build. How did you get that performance gain? The S60 3rd build feels like going into the right direction now. :)

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And.. another update is UP!
Fixed.. got some path issues with ITE, and FT (all games using sub directories that is), since scummvm was adding search paths with ending / and Symbian OS do support / but not / and \ in the same filename.

Also I have fixed (at least with UIQ3) Mp3 problem, so mp3 tracks and so3 should be fine ( I Hope).

As for key configureing, yes I have been working alot with that, but also I dont know if any of the engines has been changing any mapping internally, this can also affect things.

Speedup is done but removing a scaling check if previous pixel was black or not. Actually the old rendering code was making LSL unreadble on 176x208 devices, so I had to remove that.

Also I have changed my version of zlib, so now it should be compatible with the PC version.

And remember, it is a svn build, so you never know what kind of changes you might get.
Holle

Post by Holle »

Hi,
I´ve a Nokia e61 too, and I have the same problem with the keyboard.

My google-search for this problem shows me a idea:
[Upd] Speccy 1.1.2 for S60 3rd Edition
Speccy is a ZX Spectrum emulator for S60 3rd Edition phones. The new version 1.1.2 adds Nokia E61 keyboard support. The blue FUNC key is now located in the left bottom corner and toggles between the dialpad and the alphabetic functions. This should resolve problems many E61 users reported when playing text-based adventures.
It is possibe to add this function to scummvm?

Sorry for my very bad english :(

Greets Holle
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think I need an E61 to practice on, or at least get the keycode for that toggle button!
Holle

Post by Holle »

Hi,
thanks for the fast answer :)

I have installed a programm called "CanvasBug". This programm shows the keycodes for the pressed key.

For example the first row (german layout):
q=113
w=119
e=101
r=114
t=116
z=122
u=117
i=105
o=111
p=112

In combination with the blue functione key in the left down corner ( called ALT-key ):
!=33
"=34
&=38
1=49
2=50
3=51
*=42
==61
%=37
?=63

BUT...
it´s no keycode for the ALT-key :(
when I press the ALT-key the "r" changed to "1", but I become no keycode for the ALT-key alone.

I´m sorry about, but I can´t send my e61 to you for practice. I need it every day for phone and navi.
About this the shipping from germany is slow and expensive ;-)

Greets Holle
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

According to the SDK extension for the E61 the key should be the EStdKeyLeftFunc key..
So that should then be a toggle key between number and ascii mode for those who implements that key. default is number mode. Will take a while to implement...
Holle

Post by Holle »

Wow, that´s great news :)

Great work, thanks !!!

Regards, Holle
Holle

Post by Holle »

Anotherguest wrote:According to the SDK extension for the E61 the key should be the EStdKeyLeftFunc key..
So that should then be a toggle key between number and ascii mode for those who implements that key. default is number mode. Will take a while to implement...
Do you know how much time the implemention will take?
Best regards, Holle
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. I have been looking at it. Finding the time is harder than the actual time.