bye bye

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Shed

bye bye

Post by Shed »

i'm not a troll, but if i made something like the front end as a good intention...and you "shoot" to my head, simply because you don't like a fool thingy that i made for fun...and it's completely accesory "external" that don't crack the original work you made... is so simple like somebody said in the thread "nice work man"... nothing more

well...don't worry about me anymore...i leave now...
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You claim you're not a troll, yet you behave like one

Noone said anything wrong about your work, we only said that the default GUI is good enough and that your work didn't offer anything more than what the default GUI already offers

Anyway, for what it's worth, your work was not bad, you just moved on to the wrong direction (i.e. there was no benefit to anyone from the work you made)

If you can't cope with arguments and you leave because someone expressed his opinion (which was not negative, it was just not appraising, as you probably expected it to be) then there's nothing more to say. Goodbye and farewell. Otherwise learn to live with criticism, cause that's what makes things better
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Oh come on, I just read through the previous thread by shed,
whats the problem? He worked hard on doing something that
may have no use to you personally, but still it seemed to offer things to the user in a more direct way without tabs etc.. I'd never use it but then again I wouldnt put someone else down because of something productive they had done.

honestly gentlemen you portray a great image of how friendly you are.
why not focus your efforts more into doing something productive yourselves and grow up a little.

Shed: Dont let them put you off using Scummvm, not all the users are quite as frustrated and keep doing what you enjoy as well.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

sanguinehearts wrote:Oh come on, I just read through the previous thread by shed,
whats the problem? He worked hard on doing something that
may have no use to you personally, but still it seemed to offer things to the user in a more direct way without tabs etc.. I'd never use it but then again I wouldnt put someone else down because of something productive they had done.

honestly gentlemen you portray a great image of how friendly you are.
why not focus your efforts more into doing something productive yourselves and grow up a little.

Shed: Dont let them put you off using Scummvm, not all the users are quite as frustrated and keep doing what you enjoy as well.
You must have missed the part where NOBODY CRITICIZED HIM AT ALL. You know, it was right after the part where someone asked, "Whats the point" and just a tad after the part where it was clearly stated "The development team would be happy to hear your input and integrate these things ourselves"... yea, right about that point was the unprovoked rant that led to responses from myself and others.

This dude went off the deep end just because everybody didn't jump up and down, throw him a beer, and offer him a blowjob.

Seriously - I think you need to go back and re-read the whole conversation. And this time read it from the beginning to the end - not backwards. You will find that nobody insulted Mr. Shed until after his first rant, and that insult was from yours truly regarding his '7 million lines of code statement'.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, can prove that a single person can write 7 million lines of code without it taking 19 years (and without Fingolfins inventive automatic method) then I will take back my insult. until then, I still declare shenanigans and reserve the right to beat Shed with a Broom if I ever run into him in public (special shenanigans rule addendum #28 - thou shalt beat all shenanigan perpetrators with brooms in a public setting for all to enjoy).
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Im not doubting the fact that he didnt go off at the deep end.
Im just saying that its not a reason to disown the ScummVM project.
come on gentlemen no hard feelings :)
Rob