Loom sound help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Noobshanks

Loom sound help

Post by Noobshanks »

Hey! im new to this whole old school game thing, but i loved loom when i was younger and never finished it so i went and downloaded VDMSound, Scumm and of course loom. im using windows XP.

So heres the problem: Scumm runs it but no sound, i can double click the .exe to run normally, but no sound... running VDMSound (right click, run with VDMsound)
gives me this error message: "No disc or MSCDEX not installed"
i read the help message from VDMSound that said if seeing that error message, i clear a line from a document in the VDMSound directory, iv tried that, in different combinations so its either not working or im not doing it right. (anyone know the correct way?)
I also downloaded monkey island 2, and running it with VDMSound works fine for me.

Please can anyone help me out? it would be much apperciated, so thanks in advance.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Loom sound help

Post by DrMcCoy »

Noobshanks wrote:i went and downloaded [...] loom
Noobshanks wrote:I also downloaded monkey island 2
Rule #0, you won't get any help here.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Loom sound help

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Noobshanks wrote:i went and downloaded VDMSound, Scumm and of course loom. im using windows XP.
Noobshanks wrote:I also downloaded monkey island 2
I'm sorry, we can't provide support for pirated versions of the games. Apart from possibly hurting our good relations with some game developers, LucasArts have already tried to shut us down once. While they did back down from that demand, they've never completely backed down.

I'm afraid you're on your own.