Help with Monkey Island 1+2 CD version

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

desiccantsilicagel

Help with Monkey Island 1+2 CD version

Post by desiccantsilicagel »

Hi,

I have the 'white label' double pack with Monkey Island 1 and 2. On the disc there is one data track and tracks 2-25 are all audio tracks. I know I should use cdex to convert these, but I don't know which tracks belong to which Monkey Island! Does only Monkey Island 1 come with CD tracks? Thanks in advance!

-James

PS I already have some summmvm ds experience.. I copied all the DOTT files straight from my 15 year old CD onto my SD card and finished the game on my DS, it was so simple and so cool to play that game again!
clem

Re: Help with Monkey Island 1+2 CD version

Post by clem »

desiccantsilicagel wrote: Does only Monkey Island 1 come with CD tracks? Thanks in advance!
yeah, they all belong to monkey1

also note that the first audio track (which would be track 2 on the CD) needs to be named track1.mp3/ogg/flac and so on (as in the readme 7.7.0)

clem

edit: not sure how the DS port copes with compressed audio though, I'm not a DS user
desiccantsilicagel

Re: Help with Monkey Island 1+2 CD version

clem wrote:
desiccantsilicagel wrote: Does only Monkey Island 1 come with CD tracks? Thanks in advance!
yeah, they all belong to monkey1

also note that the first audio track (which would be track 2 on the CD) needs to be named track1.mp3/ogg/flac and so on (as in the readme 7.7.0)

clem

edit: not sure how the DS port copes with compressed audio though, I'm not a DS user
Thanks, it works perfectly!! Thanks Neil for this great port!

BTW on the page http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#cdaudio

it doesn't include the part about renaming the files :lol:

Anyway I got it working so again... you guys are awesome!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

You don't need to rename the audio files by the way. The 0.9.1a version will work with track numbers starting with either 1 or 2.
desiccantsilicagel

agentq wrote:Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

You don't need to rename the audio files by the way. The 0.9.1a version will work with track numbers starting with either 1 or 2.
I actually tried it with the track numbers starting with 2, before I renamed them. It worked, but it played the wrong music! I was using 0.9.1a beta2.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

If you had been using beta3 or the final 0.9.1a, it would have worked fine.
mercuryrsng

Post by mercuryrsng »

I am having a similar problem. Maybe someone can help me. Cdex isn't recognizing my drives, so I converted the tracks to mp3 and then dragged them over to cdex. The problem is that I cannot select the button "Extract CD tracks to a compressed audio file" because they are coming from an mp3. Does anyone know of an alternate program to use?

Most of the other programs out there do 8-bit, and not the required 4-bit
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Under 'Convert', select 'Re-encode compressed audio file(s)'. This will allow you to select your mp3s as the source rather than a CD drive.