Monkey Island 3 been ogged - no videos?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

holbachist

Monkey Island 3 been ogged - no videos?

Post by holbachist »

I have ripped all the *.bun and *.san files to ogg. (the *.bun became only smaller, but are still *.bun, is that ok?)

speech and text, everything ok, but the first video (Le Chuck, canon, explosion and so on...) wouldnt play.

its the german game, if it is any different to the other versions...

edit: i am using xp sp2 any kind of codecs installed, video played before i ripped the files.

edit: oh and i just installed .NET 2.0 or something, i try it again without .NET 2.0 framework whatever.

edit: .NET 2.0 is not the problem.

thx for any hints.

holbachist
Last edited by holbachist on Mon May 21, 2007 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

How did you rip all those bun and san files? I hope you used the compress_scumm_bun and compress_scumm_san tools, right?

Have you consulted the readme in the scummvm tools package to see how you're supposed to use those tools?
holbachist

Post by holbachist »

no i used the ScummVM_ToolBox, because i was too dumb using the original tools.

when i doubleclicked on the original exe tools (compress_scumm_bun.exe or compress_scumm_san.exe) there was only popping up a dos window for 0,00000000001 sec.

then i tried it with cmd.exe. it worked a little bit better (i typed sth like C:\Programme\ScummVM\TOOLs\GUI\tools\compress_scumm_bun.exe then there was shown this:

as you see i am again in "C:\Dok...\Chef\" not in the exe... i am totally confused... :oops: :oops: :evil:

i could not make it work. has the exe gotta be in the same directory as the bun or san files? could you create a full line i have to type please? is it "C:\Programme\ScummVM\TOOLs\GUI\tools\compress_scumm_bun.exe *.bun C:\input\ C:\output\ [--mp3] [-V 4 -q 2]"

or with "<>"???? i tried every kind of things.

thanks for helping me...

greets
triton

Post by triton »

Use the cd (change directory) command to change the working path in the command line.

Code: Select all

cd C&#58;\Programme\ScummVM\TOOLs\GUI\tools\
compress_scumm_bun.exe etc etc etc
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

holbachist wrote:no i used the ScummVM_ToolBox, because i was too dumb using the original tools.

when i doubleclicked on the original exe tools (compress_scumm_bun.exe or compress_scumm_san.exe) there was only popping up a dos window for 0,00000000001 sec.
This is because Windows starts a DOS shell for that, sees that the program exists immediately (because you did not input the correct parameters, see below), and closes the shell again.

holbachist wrote:then i tried it with cmd.exe. it worked a little bit better (i typed sth like C:\Programme\ScummVM\TOOLs\GUI\tools\compress_scumm_bun.exe then there was shown this: ...
as you see i am again in "C:\Dok...\Chef" not in the exe... i am totally confused... :oops: :oops: :evil:

triton wrote:Use the cd (change directory) command to change the working path in the command line.

Code: Select all

cd C&#58;\Programme\ScummVM\TOOLs\GUI\tools\
compress_scumm_bun.exe etc etc etc
Additionally use

L:
C:
etc.

to change drives, if you have to.

holbachist wrote:i could not make it work. has the exe gotta be in the same directory as the bun or san files?
No, but it could help, if you're not familiar with DOS, as you don't have to mess around with the long path names then. ;)

holbachist wrote:could you create a full line i have to type please? is it "C:\Programme\ScummVM\TOOLs\GUI\tools\compress_scumm_bun.exe *.bun C:\input\ C:\output\ [--mp3] [-V 4 -q 2]"

or with "<>"???? i tried every kind of things.
You don't type < > [ ] at all!!
They just indicate different things:

< ... > -- the ... is a must-have parameter. You HAVE to specify it (otherwise you just get the usage-message from the screenshot).

[ ... ] -- this is a optional parameter. You can submit it if you want, but you don't have to.

If some path or filename in a parameter contains spaces, so the EXE cannot differentiate between another parameter and the pathname, surround the path/filename by "

So you HAVE to specify at least 3 parameters: inputfile, inputdir, outputdir

It defaults to some sane MP3 compression then. If you want OGG, you have to specify additional parameters.
holbachist

Post by holbachist »

ok everything worked fine thanks...

but there is one problem left: the exe can't find the lame.exe. where do i have to put it?? lame.dll same... i've put it everywhere it makes sense to me.

Thanks.

holbachist[/b]
holbachist

Post by holbachist »

any ideas? there must be a simple solution???

thx
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

just out of curiosity is there a reason for converting them? i meen doesn't the original files work just as well?
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

for the sake of compression - just like using mp3 files instead of wav files with cd audio games.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

holbachist wrote: but there is one problem left: the exe can't find the lame.exe. where do i have to put it?? lame.dll same... i've put it everywhere it makes sense to me.
I'm not a Windows user, but I thought putting lame.exe in the same folder as compress_scumm_san.exe should work. I didn't know you even needed lame.dll.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

hmmm.... all i needed was lame.exe in the same folder when i went on my compression bender :D

EDIT: oh, and i'm on XP as well
Last edited by glokidd on Thu May 24, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

you have to have lame.dll in the directory IF it is not already in your system directory.