AGI in next DS-release?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chrisis

AGI in next DS-release?

Post by chrisis »

Hello, just a quick question I didn't find while brosing the forums: Since there is AGI(old-Sierra-games)-support in SVN now and ScummVM 0.10 will be released soon: Will there be support for those games in the next DS-build too?
I know, there is an AGI-Engine for GBA, but a virtual keyboard to play those games would be so much more convenient ;-)

Otherwise, I'd like to thank agentq once more for the great port, playing all those great old games on the go is just so... great!
animall

Post by animall »

man that would rule
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Well, there's good news and bad news.

The good news: Yes, AGI games will be supported in the next version of ScummVM DS, along with a load of other new games.

The bad news: It's gonna be late. The rest of the ScummVM team announced the release while I was on holiday (in Vegas!) and so I didn't have much time where I could work on it.

Although there should be the first beta of 0.10.0 out on this forum by the time the other versions release.
Shtroodle

Post by Shtroodle »

Great news agentq, thanks for the info.

Could you maybe give us a sneak preview on the new games supported in the upcoming build? :wink:
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I'd like to make sure they all work fine before saying anything. I wouldn't want to disappoint anybody.

And besides, it would spoil the surprise!
Shtroodle

Post by Shtroodle »

Me like surprise... :D
tomten

Post by tomten »

agentq wrote:The rest of the ScummVM team announced the release while I was on holiday (in Vegas!)
How much did you win?
clem

Post by clem »

tomten wrote:
agentq wrote:The rest of the ScummVM team announced the release while I was on holiday (in Vegas!)
How much did you win?
did you get drunk and when you woke up you were married to a female elvis imitator?
Shtroodle

Post by Shtroodle »

clem wrote:
tomten wrote:
How much did you win?
did you get drunk and when you woke up you were married to a female elvis imitator?
...or maybe to the King himself? :)

On another note - any news on that beta build you mentioned earlier agentq? Can't wait to see what's new.
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Maybe he adds Blackjack and Roulette to the next version?

And, the DLDI file of M3 CF in DLDIwiki, does ScummVM DS work with it? It's said that it "fails read aligment test", but I have no clue what that could mean.

It sucks that there is no really good DLDI for M3 CF version. :evil:
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I didn't do any gambling in Vegas! Somehow, slots just don't interest me at all. I saw all the sights though.

And yeah, getting a divorce from the female elvis impersonator has delayed the ScummVM release. Sorry guys.

I should be able to get a beta out sometime this week, so there's not much longer to wait.

As for the M3 CF, I would say try the DLDI and see what it does, it might work, you never know.
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

So where's the beta version already?!?!?!?!!!!

It's this week and you promised!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, I'm one of those impatient people that stands in front of a microwave screaming "WHERE'S MY DINNER!??!??! IT'S BEEN 30 SECONDS NOW!!!!!!!!!!'

But yeah, I'll be checking here daily hoping to see your new release and what new features and support you've provided.

By far my favorite homebrew, thank you so much for your continued worked on this project. :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You've been checking every day and you don't even know what's going to be in the new release! Well, your wait is over. I've release a beta for you to play with.