Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tetzlaff

R4, New DLDI auto-patching kernal

Post by tetzlaff »

http://www.r4ds.net/download.htm

Update R4 v1.10 kernel 2007-6-20
1) DLDI auto-patching

I tried it out with an unpatched scummvm-a.nds v0.9.1a. It auto-patched correctly and ran Monkey Island 1 with no problems.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Sounds great, that should simplify things for users of the R4DS. I'll continue to recommend it to users of ScummVM DS!
natebeaty

Post by natebeaty »

I don't get it -- I'm using the latest R4 firmware, latest ScummVM beta, and am still getting the "Flash card reader not found!" error no matter what I try. I've tried holding L on startup, DLDI patching (even tho as the original poster stated, the new R4 firmware should auto-patch), moving ScummVM to different directories, deleting, re-copying, etc.

I have a sandisk 2gb card that I've had no problems with otherwise.. ?

I've searched through the forums and googled this to death, with no luck.. I keep finding mentions that it should "just work" with the R4. (Except this thread which is left hanging...)

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Or is my SD card just not compatible? Anyone have some troubleshooting info for an R4? Of course, would love to play these great games on my DS, any help is much appreciated. And thx so much for putting this together agentq.
Badablek

Post by Badablek »

Hi,

works great for me on M3Simply (everybody knows it's the same hardware as the R4DS). Patched or not, with latest firmware 1.06 (or even 1.10 R4DS patched to work on M3S), works nice

You're talking about latest beta version ? the latest scummvmDS is 0.9.1a Final, not beta...are you sure you're not trying to use the old 0.9.1 beta (beta1 to beta6) which does NOT include DLDI support

ps : 0.9.1 is NOT the same as 0.9.1a
so be careful ;)
only 0.9.1a have DLDI.
gold

Post by gold »

natebeaty wrote:Is there something obvious I'm missing? Or is my SD card just not compatible? Anyone have some troubleshooting info for an R4? Of course, would love to play these great games on my DS, any help is much appreciated. And thx so much for putting this together agentq.
Ae you using 0.9.1a? When I first tried ScummVM DS, I accidentally downloaded an out-of-date copy from the DS website instead of the latest one from the main ScummVM site, and I had the same troubles as you.
natebeaty

Post by natebeaty »

holy crap you are right! how embarrassing, haha. i totally missed the "Click here to choose a mirror and download" for the latest version. of course, worked like a charm when i downloaded the right file.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

this just made my DS about a thousand times cooler. these games are totally perfect for this platform..