Saving... again. (S60, Nokia E90)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jukkis

Saving... again. (S60, Nokia E90)

Post by jukkis »

I haven't figured out how to get to the save game dialog. There is no F5 in E90 so I should use some ScummVM bind. I heard the default bind for the dialog is #, but that does not work. Also mapping the "Save" for some key, for example 'S' does not work. Nothing simply happens. Quit function can be mapped and works okay.

I have only tried Secret of Monkey Island so far.

Does someone have a resolution to this?
jukkis

Post by jukkis »

Also, the ALT+(0-9) does not work since I haven't got ALT. :)
CTRL-(0-9) seems to work, but there are no existing savegames so it gives an error message.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Keys has been optmized for "normal" S60 devices, and remapping currently only works with non-alt/ctrl keys. I have to check the mapping in the code. I think I could enable ALT+Q-Y for Fx keys just like the old Communicator. (S80)
Tohtori

Post by Tohtori »

Well. It seems that only way now is to switch to external screen and then save. Press ( * ) to open a menu.
jukkis

Post by jukkis »

I have found out a workaround:

- Press CTRL-D to enter console
- Type "savegame # NAME" where # is a number from 1-10 and NAME just some word.
- Press backspace to exit console, and you get a dialog box telling you the game was saved.

To load, press CTRL and the number of your savegame (0 is 10).

Once when I did this the speed of the game went like 50x but quitting and starting again helped.