Themes / Skins?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tybee

Themes / Skins?

Post by Tybee »

I notice there is a theme option in Scumm VM DS but the Classic (Bulletin) appears to be the only one available. Are there any other themes that can be used or are any planned?
Last edited by Tybee on Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

(edit)

err, ignore me - thought you were talking about the forum software here
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

ScummVM DS doesn't currently support themes because the code that uses them takes up too much memory. I need all the RAM I can get in order to run the games.

So you'll have to put up with the boring old green front-end I'm afraid.
Tybee

Post by Tybee »

agentq wrote:ScummVM DS doesn't currently support themes because the code that uses them takes up too much memory. I need all the RAM I can get in order to run the games.

So you'll have to put up with the boring old green front-end I'm afraid.
That's fine. I was just confused because the option was there and wasn't sure why there weren't more choices. ;) The only reason I really wanted another theme was to get more readable text. The improved UI font scaling you mentioned in the other thread should take care of that when it is implemented.

And in case I haven't mentioned it yet, your program is the reason I got an R4 and is frankly one of the coolest programs I've ever had the pleasure of using. I've fond memories of playing all the LucasArts adventures and many of the Sierra ones in my youth, and being able to play them again on my DS in perfectly emulated form is thrilling. Keep up the great work!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Tybee wrote:And in case I haven't mentioned it yet, your program is the reason I got an R4 and is frankly one of the coolest programs I've ever had the pleasure of using. I've fond memories of playing all the LucasArts adventures and many of the Sierra ones in my youth, and being able to play them again on my DS in perfectly emulated form is thrilling. Keep up the great work!
sorry to be anal about this, but scummvm isn't an emulator...
Tybee

Post by Tybee »

PsYcO wrote:
Tybee wrote:And in case I haven't mentioned it yet, your program is the reason I got an R4 and is frankly one of the coolest programs I've ever had the pleasure of using. I've fond memories of playing all the LucasArts adventures and many of the Sierra ones in my youth, and being able to play them again on my DS in perfectly emulated form is thrilling. Keep up the great work!
sorry to be anal about this, but scummvm isn't an emulator...
True...But the gameplay it facilitates was not originally designed for the DS (and in this case, I was referring specifically to the DS port of the software), so in a sense, it's "emulating" that original PC experience on the DS, even if it is not, in the narrow definition, an emulator.

Or something... ;)