How to open the menu in Bass on N73?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Slickr

Post by Slickr »

Well, pressing the '*' button while ingame just does not work, maybe it is a bug, maybe my phone is just (*)*^$# up, I don't know. I'll stick to playing the game on my pc.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have to check the mapping for it, also remember to check the input mode, are you using joystick or cursor mode?
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

I'm in joystick mode, in which mode should I be then?
And when I am in cursor mode and I press '*' still nothing happens.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. Seems to be right. So something else wrong with the mapping for BASS then. I will check it.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

Ok thanks for the effort, good luck!
calavera999

Same problem!

Post by calavera999 »

I would like to add that ever since updating to 0.10.0 on my N95, the menu screen for BASS, (F5") has decided to not work at all. exact same problem as slick. "*" worked fine on my previous Symbian port. Is this problem being resolved or will be waiting for the next release for a fix?

Thnaks for your help

Tom
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

This older scumm version you are talking about, is it still available somewhere?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

barkotron

Post by barkotron »

I'm also having this problem on the N95 - I can start the game etc, but pressing * just doesn't do anything, I'm afraid. Even with the versions from the cvs page. Is there anything I can do to try and get round this?

Thanks!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Reflasing the phone might help. Seems like some firmwares are causing problems.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

Could be indeed. I installed an older build, but still the problem remains. I'll try updating the firmware.
barkotron

Post by barkotron »

Hi - I updated from v11 firmware to v12 (N95) and reinstalled ScummVM and the BASS data files, but I'm still getting the problem with the menu - * just doesn't do anything, I'm afraid, and the only time I see the menu screen is if I walk towards the guard at the beginning and get shot...

Is there anything I can try out that would help you guys work out what's going wrong? Unfortunately I have to sit through the whole introduction every time I try anything - is there any way to skip this?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Might be the menus .. Try the old 0.9.1 version
calavera999

Post by calavera999 »

ok well as im trying to play through BASS for the first time i guess i will have to reinstal the version just previous to 0.10.0. I looked on the link anotherguest posted but i was a bit confused to what i was downloading exactly?

If you could post a direct link to the previous build of scummvm for symbian i would be grateful.

Thanks alot for any help.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

I think it is this one:

scummvm-070522-SymbianS60v3_all.sis

But with this version the problem remains...

Oh and my current firmware version was already the latest version available, so I don't think the firmware is the problem.