Modern Ice theme (previously "Custom themes?")

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

glokidd

Post by glokidd »

ok, thanks for the input sev. Yes i was thinking of using the game id for to tell the gui what game is selected.
Its nice to know a little bit more about the requirements for such a task. So basically it would require an entirely new coded gui. Ouch
Axell

Post by Axell »

Any chance on seeing a black Vista-like Theme? I'd do one myself but I have no idea how to do that. :oops:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Axell wrote:Any chance on seeing a black Vista-like Theme? I'd do one myself but I have no idea how to do that. :oops:
You may read this post from the beginning. I provided a link there with all details. It's not that difficult, just a text file to edit.

Eugene
Axell

Post by Axell »

Well, actually the tricky part is editing the Theme itself, that's what I meant. :)
I have no picture editing abilities(I'm a programmer, heh) to make a custom skin myself.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Most of the things on the UI are based on the ini text file anyway. All you need to do is edit it to change the colors and the button positions. The images needed to be changed are very few and easy to tweak
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Since I mostly use the Modern Ice theme, I took the liberty to update it to the current version. I know zilch about skins, but it works for me and so far my monitor didn't blow up on me. Your mileage may vary.

http://mapage.noos.fr/kaminari/modern_ice.zip

All credits go to WNivek.
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

:shock: Wow, people are still interested in my theme? Thanks Kaminari! :D

I've actually been privately maintaining my own version of the theme, updating it when I find it suddenly doesn't work anymore. I'd been telling myself I'd release shortly after the 0.10.0 release, but kinda forgot. Here it is.

As an added bonus, I finally figured out why it wasn't working on the PSP version, and have corrected the problem.
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

Just uploaded an updated version, as I realized the version I had online did not work with recent versions (read: anything since last september). You can download the new one from the same download link as before.