Secret of Monkey Island Save

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kosuan

Re: Secret of Monkey Island Save

Post by kosuan »

thefil wrote:.........
(Also, how would I go about saving Monkey Island within the game, rather than using states?)
Sorry, i don't have a scumm 10.0.0 Savegame of SOMI, only from earlier releases.

For Saving & Options you have to press 'fn' and F5 both, - it's the same on any Apple Notebook.

ko. :wink:

)(btw. can we have some more smilies ??)) :)
thefil

Post by thefil »

Unfortunately my problem isn't a "broken" save... it's a lack of save altogether :P

Anyways, I've tried this boot param thing... it always gives me "command or variable unknown" in the console. Am I entering it wrong? This is what I tried: "./scummvm -d0 -b 5555 monkey"
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

ssdsa wrote:On the other hand, later on in the game, on Monkey island, if you waste some of the bananas you'll never be able to get the money to hold the entrance to the monkey head open, and there's no way to get more bananas
If I remember correctly, you could throw another rock at the banana tree, so more bananas would appear. It's been a while since I've played MI1, though
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

thefil wrote: Anyways, I've tried this boot param thing... it always gives me "command or variable unknown" in the console. Am I entering it wrong? This is what I tried: "./scummvm -d0 -b 5555 monkey"
If by "console" you mean the operating system's command prompt (and not, say, ScummVM's debug console), and assuming that the Macintosh command prompt is similar to the Unix command prompt...

The first word of the command is the program you're trying to run. This can be either the name of the program, in which case it will look through all directories in your search path, or you can type the path explicitly. You did the latter. The . refers to the current directory.

If ScummVM is already in your search path, you can simply drop the ./ part. Otherwise, you'll either have to change the command to specify the correct path, or change to the correct directory first.

Of course, by now it would probably have been quicker to replay the game from the beginning. Particularly since boot params probably aren't to be trusted for normal game play anyway.