Problem on N93

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

trk

Problem on N93

Post by trk »

Hi! I have a problem with ScummVM and Nokia N93. If I start ScummVM when the phone is opened like in this picture
When I quit ScummVM all the graphic of the phone are distort. It is only my problem, or it's so for all Nokia N93???
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

That might be the case of the N93, or even a firmware issue for this model. I'm just drawing to the screen using a safe method, but this phone model might have issues with this.
trk

Post by trk »

I have the last firmware for the phone, and I tried ScummVM also with the older one, and there was the same problem. If I open the phone normally there isn't any problem, if I open it like in the picture there is the problem, and I can fix it only by restarting the phone, or open ScummVM with the phone opened normally, so when I quit ScummVM the graphic is normal again. Thanks anyway, and sorry for my english (I'm italian) :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

When you start scummvm it will probably flip to one mode, but not flip back automatically when you close it, and thats why you get a strange screen. But S60 app framework should handle that.
trk

Post by trk »

Anotherguest wrote:When you start scummvm it will probably flip to one mode, but not flip back automatically when you close it, and thats why you get a strange screen. But S60 app framework should handle that.
I have this problem only with ScummVM, when I quit other applications the display works good. Here there is a screenshot of the display just after I quit the program:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. Strange.. but I don't own a N93 so not really sure whats going on here. The UI parts of SDL is pretty cleanly coded actually. But I have seen problems with some other Symbian phones and their displaydrivers.
stracenska

Post by stracenska »

i have the n93. only way around this is once you've quit scummvm and you're screen is messed up, make sure it is in clamshell open position(opposite of the picture you posted), go back into scummvm and press exit again. This way you don't have to reboot. It's an extra step but is quicker than turning phone off.
trk

Post by trk »

stracenska wrote:i have the n93. only way around this is once you've quit scummvm and you're screen is messed up, make sure it is in clamshell open position(opposite of the picture you posted), go back into scummvm and press exit again. This way you don't have to reboot. It's an extra step but is quicker than turning phone off.
Yes, I've already found this way to resolve this problem, but I didn't know if all n93 had this problem or only mine. Anyway thank you!