Grim Fandango

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vorph

Grim Fandango

Post by Vorph »

Hello,

I just tried to give Grim Fandango (German) a go using the current build of residual. When I try to copy the LAB files found in the GRIMDATA folder on the CD, these files are HUGE :? (each about 600 Mb) - Am I doing something wrong...

OS used is Win32

Kind regards Vorph
JohnnyWalker2001

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

The largest file is 116MB, but together they combine to 1.2Gb. If the files are on the CD, then they're pretty much needed. You're not doing anything wrong, per se.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Grim Fandango

Post by sev »

Vorph wrote:When I try to copy the LAB files found in the GRIMDATA folder on the CD, these files are HUGE :? (each about 600 Mb) - Am I doing something wrong...
It is some kind of copy protection used on some GF releases. I do not remember the details, but some OSes allowed to copy only existing data. The CD table of contents just is wrong there.

Eugene
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

Yes,

this seems to be my problem, when I open the Drive Folder, I can see several LAB Files each about 600 MB which gives a total of approx. 2,5 Gb per Disk, when I try to copy these files to a folder on my harddisk, Windows tells me the files are corrupt...

I'll try doing the transfer using a Linux Live-CD

Vorph

EDIT: Nope... Knoppix behaves just like Win32 :cry:
clem

Post by clem »

there is software like AnyDVD which could make copying the files possible I guess (but I also guess this is somehow bordering forum rule #0?)
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

I think you're right...

I just tried using ISOB****** but that didn't help either :?

Does anybody know if the re-released (german) Version is "better" ???

Vorph