Supercard Lite documentation update

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tcamargo

Supercard Lite documentation update

Post by tcamargo »

The documentation for the supercard lite seems a bit outdated. I had problems to save my progress with all dldis availables on the DLDI website (Chishm, MoonLight, brisssou) with the previous ds version (0.9.0). The 0.10.0a version seems to have solved the problem. Using the .nds file (not the ds.gba) and brissou's dldi, I was able to save/load savestates. Tested with dott and indy3.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

is there any legitimate reason for this thread?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

PsYcO wrote:is there any legitimate reason for this thread?
I would say the 'legitimate' reason for this thread is so that tcamargo can inform the author that his supercard documentation didnt work for him in a certain version.
Ingaro

Post by Ingaro »

Thanks tcamargo,

I've never got Scummvm to save on my DS Lite. I've always renamed the ds.gba files to .nds which I think is what Supercard Lite users have always been told to do for Scummvm and other homebrew. I'll give this a go tonight.
tcamargo

Post by tcamargo »

Did it work for you? IIRC, I'm not using the last firmware.
Ingaro wrote:Thanks tcamargo,

I've never got Scummvm to save on my DS Lite. I've always renamed the ds.gba files to .nds which I think is what Supercard Lite users have always been told to do for Scummvm and other homebrew. I'll give this a go tonight.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Glad to hear that someone got it working, but I was under the impression that whether it worked varied depending on the hardware and firmware revisions of the Supercard.

If many people say that it now works fine I will change the documentation.
leaphion

Re: Supercard Lite documentation update

Post by leaphion »

tcamargo wrote:The documentation for the supercard lite seems a bit outdated. I had problems to save my progress with all dldis availables on the DLDI website (Chishm, MoonLight, brisssou) with the previous ds version (0.9.0). The 0.10.0a version seems to have solved the problem. Using the .nds file (not the ds.gba) and brissou's dldi, I was able to save/load savestates. Tested with dott and indy3.
How do you get to convert the file to a playable nds.dsq? I get only 0 byte scummvm-a.nds.dsq when converting the scummvm-a.nds.
tcamargo

Re: Supercard Lite documentation update

Post by tcamargo »

leaphion wrote:How do you get to convert the file to a playable nds.dsq? I get only 0 byte scummvm-a.nds.dsq when converting the scummvm-a.nds.
You don't need to. Just copy .nds file to your memory card.
tcamargo

Post by tcamargo »

Upgraded my SC firmware to the last version (1.84). This version supports auto dldi patching. After the upgrade, copy the dldi.scp file to the root of your SD card. Also copy the desired nds binary (scummvm-a.nds, scummvm-b.nds, etc). No rename, no patch is required.

- SC Firmware: 1.84
- ScummVM version: 0.10.0a
- Tested games: DOTT
LoudMaximus

Post by LoudMaximus »

Hi,can anyone give me a link to brissou's dldi?I tried searching for it but couldnt find it,thanks