Inherit the earth with ScummVM DS

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MajinChibi

Inherit the earth with ScummVM DS

Post by MajinChibi »

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english :/

I´ve tried the cd Version of Inherit the earth with ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta2 and ScummVM DS 0.10.0a (Think i used the right Version "e" ) I´m able to add the Game to the List but when i click start, the screen turns black and nothing happens (i wait about 5 minutes)

I Copied following files into de ITE Folder:
ITE.RSC
SCRIPTS.RSC
SOUNDS.RSC
VOICES.RSC

btw its the german version, a black Nintendo DS Lite, M3 Simply with the newest firmware and a 2gb Sandisk micro sd. (every other supported game i tried is fine)

I hope you are able to help me :)

(ScummVM is a great port, i LOVE it to play Adventures on my DS :) )

mfg
tomten

Re: Inherit the earth with ScummVM DS

Post by tomten »

MajinChibi wrote:I´ve tried the cd Version of Inherit the earth with ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta2 and ScummVM DS 0.10.0a (Think i used the right Version "e" )
Works for me using DS-X and latest stable. Maybe you should verify that your original is still working. CD's don't always age with dignity...
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I haven't tried the German version of Inherit the Earth, but the English version works fine. Perhaps you could try the German version in the PC version of ScummVM?
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

I already tried it with the PC version of ScummVM, it works perfect :/
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I'm not sure why the German version wouldn't work, but perhaps there are differences between it and the English version.

Unfortunately I don't have a German version to test it.
knuxthefox

Post by knuxthefox »

I've tried every version of ITE with my R4DS, and I can't get anything to work. I'm using the latest version of ScummVM DS build E, as listed on the site, and I get the black screen of blankness. I've tried the CD version and the floppy version for DOS. I've also tried the Demo and full Windows versions which just report errors never really attempting to boot.... Is there anyone here, with an R4, who has gotten the game to work?