Lost in Time

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

just bought a copy of the game off amazon new in the box, still shrink wrapped for $5.69 after shipping.
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Now onto "Lost in Time 0: Fascination" :p
lowjob

Post by lowjob »

Hello

I just tried getting my CD version of Lost in Time to run under scummvm v0.10.0. It simply will not run.

I get this message when adding it to scummvm:

Your game version appears to be unknown. Please, report the data to the ScummVM team along with name of the game you tr
and its version/language/etc.:
"intro.stk", "6263d09e996c1b4e84ef2d650b820e57", 4831170

The game is (ofcourse) Lost in Time. It is a SierraOriginals CD purchased in New Zealand (so its an English version). If I remember I used to run it on Windows 95. I think I purchased it around 1996. In the root of the CD there is a file called VERSION which contains the following:

1.000ORG
LOST IN TIME

There was also some more info in the file INSTALL.INF (also in the root dir of the CD):

(c)Copyright M.D.O., 1992 : (p)Philippe Lamarque
LOST IN TIME v 1.00¨©)KJj,

I copied these files from the CD:

*.stk
*.itk
*.ltk
lost.lic

and I ripped the audio track to: Track1.mp3 (128 kBits/s, 44,100 Hz, Stereo - encoded with Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec Professional with Highest Quality bit set)

I've tried all different options from the scummvm interface, disabling sound, changing music drivers, different graphic configs etc. still no go.

Don't know if this was the right place to post this (or perhaps the junk yard?).

Any suggestions?

Jason
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lowjob wrote: I just tried getting my CD version of Lost in Time to run under scummvm v0.10.0. It simply will not run.
That's to be expected. Lost in Time is not supported in ScummVM 0.10, so you'll need the development version. Actually, I don't think it's officially supported by the development version either. It just happens to be quite playable there.
lowjob

Post by lowjob »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
lowjob wrote: I just tried getting my CD version of Lost in Time to run under scummvm v0.10.0. It simply will not run.
That's to be expected. Lost in Time is not supported in ScummVM 0.10, so you'll need the development version.
Thank you. I downloaded the latest subversion build 0.11.0svn (Sep 5 2007 10:51:10), and yes... very playable. I forgot how addictive that game was! I had to scale graphics up 2x and it complained about a couple of missing .STK files, but if I wasn't careful... I could've been hooked on this game for hours!

Thanks again, Jason
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

lowjob wrote:it complained about a couple of missing .STK files
Apparently, that's "normal". The game scripts check which files you have.
lowjob wrote:very playable
There's still a major problem with the "cut scenes" in the CD version and videos in the background (like the horse) make the mouse cursor blink.
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

I completed LiT CD...graphical glitches in cutscenes as McCoy mentioned...
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

... i just landet on the island :) ...
ko.