homemade AGS games on ds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

calavera

homemade AGS games on ds

Post by calavera »

lo all,
ive been watching some of the reviews by a guy called yahtzee and after a look round his website i found AGS games that he made himself.
Most of the AGS games ive seen dont intrest me, but then i found this on youtube:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbNEl1HquM

now these seem like a set of games that i want to play, and as im going on holiday in a few weeks time, i just wanted to know if i can run em on scumm ds. ne one know if i can or not?

cal
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Your source of information about these matters should always be: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php and http://www.scummvm.org/faq.php. The forum's search came up with
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4458 for ScummVM and AGS.
calavera

Post by calavera »

actaully, i didnt wanna know if scumm would run homemade games (as i already new iit runs some). I wanted to know if scumm ds ran them, mainly because scumm ds has problems running some pnc games, (aka, the dig, kyra2, etc)

was jsut wondering if ne 1 had actaully tryed to play homemade agi games on the ds. actaully, just looking, i should of stated that on the 1st post.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

First of all, please stop using stupid abbreviations like "ne 1" for "anyone", they only make you look immature and are hard to decipher (especially for people not that fluent in English).

Second, AGI (Sierra's Adventure Game Interpreter) is not AGS (Adventure Game Studio):
ScummVM can play homemade AGI games and ScummVM DS should so, too.
AGS games, like the Trilby Saga, on the other hand, don't work with ScummVM. AGS is still actively developed, albeit closed source and not available for the DS.
calavera

Post by calavera »

thank you, thats all i wanted to know.

no need to bitch about my writing, it is just quicker to write ne1 rather than anyone.
clem

Post by clem »

calavera wrote:no need to bitch about my writing, it is just quicker to write ne1 rather than anyone.
yeah right, and it's easier to write "tryed" than "tried", or consistently writing "actaully" instead of "actually", or "should of" instead of "should have"
calavera

Post by calavera »

ok, what is this? everyone bitch at cal day?

fuck this, if i wanted to get shouted at i would of stayed at work.
im off, feel free to lock this thread, boot me, what ever you want!

l8erz
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

calavera wrote:ok, what is this? everyone bitch at cal day?
It's just that many people here aren't native English speakers and have enough problems understanding English as is. Deliberately butchering your language doesn't help them one bit.
calavera

Post by calavera »

ok, i understand that, but theres really no need to be like that about it.

i know my english is shit anyway, I didnt even pass it in High School, but theres still no need for people to shout at me.

and Im sorry for not knowing the difference between agi and ags. Im not a brain box when it comes to scumm, it took me ages to figure out how to get the games onto my ds.

so yea, lets all calm the fuck down and have a nice cup of tea and let this whole thing blow over!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Erm... Relax, calavera. Nobody here was shouting at you. I suggest you carefully read again what was written in this thread, you may notice certain magic keywords like "please". On the other hand, you are using an awful lot of swear words for no good reason...
DennisBergkamp

Post by DennisBergkamp »

Cal, I was wondering about the same thing a few weeks ago... it would be sooo fricking cool if AGS games would run on the DS or on ScummVM, for that matter.

Unfortunately, AGS is not open source, therefore we probably won't get scummVM-compatible AGS games. And Chris Jones (creator of AGS) is not interested in porting AGS to handheld devices.

A sad story indeed, but who knows, maybe in the future?
I'm still hoping, anyway.